Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goodbye Oprah! You will be missed!

via Oprah.com

Oprah has been a major fixture in my life for the last 15 years, that is not to say that I did not watch the other ten years, but to say that the last 15 I have watched religiously.

What I know for sure, is that she has gotten people to read, that she has introduced us to books and issues that perhaps we were not aware of. She helped us get to know ourselves better, to hopefully "live our best life", she helped us with our health, both mental and physical, and with our finances. I know that I am a better person for being introduced to some of these things.

I hope that OWN gives us the same quality programs that Oprah offered us each day on her show; more programing like "The Master Class."

Farewell Oprah! I will miss your smile, your attitude, your guidance and your joy! I wish you the best on your new adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth
    I have been out of touch with Oprah since moving away but I have to agree, she has an amazing presence and has done wonderful things for women around the world. The power that is Oprah! We are very fortunate indeed.
    I just wonder who is waiting in the wings to take over the helm when she is ready to bow out. She will be a tough act to follow.
    Best wishes...

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...