Friday, June 24, 2011

Broiled Icing Recipe: Great Summer Recipe




This is a delicious and easy dessert  recipe to take to a barbecue. It was given to me by my mother in law who has had it for years. I am sure there are other variations but I like this one best because it is easy and taste similar to German chocolate frosting without the work.

Now, you can make a cake or cupcakes from scratch if you have time, today I just used a box mix and they still tasted great! I also made Hershey's chocolate frosting for the people that do not like coconut or nuts.

Also note that although I made this recipe using cupcakes, I really do not recommend it, a lot of the delicious ingredients melt and run off into the cupcake pans instead of on the cupcake. When I do this the next time I will use a 13x9 cake.

Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup of coconut
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix all ingredients together and mix well. As soon as the cake or cupcakes come out of the oven, poke a few holes into the cake or the cupcakes with a skewer and then put this mixture on top on broil until toasty brown.

Ingredients

Mix well



Pile frosting onto cupcakes or cake broil until toasty brown

Finished Product!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...