Tuesday, June 14, 2011

English Conservatories I Love

via Colebrook Conservatories


I love conservatories and have always dreamed of having one, admittedly I have dreamed of having an English conservatory while living in England but that is a story (or a dream of retirement) for another day. So I thought it would be fun to do a little research into my dream conservatory and I will tell you this dream does not come cheap. I have found that the price runs between $300-1,000.00 a square foot. Not too bad for the bare bones but le'ts face it, who do you know that ever gets the bare bones model of anything? I am sort of a conservative, but "bells and whistles", sort of girl. Here are a few of the images and sources that I found in case you were thinking of adding one to your home.



Colebrook Conservatories

via Town and Country


via Town and Country



Renaissance Conservatories

via Tanglewood Conservatories

via Town and Country

via Town and Country
via Town and Country


Kitchen Spectacular! via Town and Country

via Town and Country

5 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Elizabeth...there were so many to choose from at the Chelsea Flower Show it was almost overwhelming! We have a small one off our house. I have claim it as my 'summer room'. I have filled it with all things 'New England' to remind me of where I grew up. Think the conents of a summer beach house, a very casual one and moving it into one small space. I love it, the light is perfect for reading, needlepoint, blogging.... a room to love!

    I watched a documentary last night on English Country Homes...in one of the segments they showed a conservatory, circa 1900, filled with tropical plants and in the middle of the room a chaise lounge chair..with books, a throw, a few pillows. I imagined what it must have been like on a cold winter's day...in the solarium..amongst it all. Heaven!

    Wow...all that from these images. Great post Elizabeth, thanks for the journey :)

    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lived in England? How did I miss that? I look forward to hearing all about it !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I mis-spoke or mis-wrote(is that a word?) that sentence. I never lived in England but I do dream of retirement there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elizabeth - I have designed and manufactured Conservatories for nearly 15 years. I consider these structures to be true pieces of Art. Creating a conservatory can be a real joy from conceptual design through the installation process. The key is not only to find a reputable company that has a wonderful design team, but to also find a company that can provide a leak-proof system through design, and not through execution. Most foreign companies sub-contract the installation of these fine rooms. You may find that there are American companies that will design, manufacture, deliver, and install your conservatory with "in-house" employees. Completing your project from the ground-up. This leaves less room for error as I have heard horror stories when dealing with companies who sub-contract their installations. If a room leaks, the sub-contractor will simply blame the manufacturer, and the manufacturer blames the sub-contractor. In any case, I hope that one day your dream becomes a reality. Good Luck! - Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful conservatories collection. Love to see them. We are one of the largest conservatories manufactures in North America. Visit our page. Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...