Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Flowers Summer Porch

Queen of the Porch

This little girl loves the front porch! Although she thinks I am a pain when I try to take her photo. I actually had to go in the house and zoom in through the half opened door because she kept moving.

The pictures below are my front porch. I love to sit out here in the morning with a cup of cocoa or in the late afternoon reading and visiting with my husband. Unfortunately, you cannot put anything decorative on the little table because of the wind; I had a fabulous lamp there that blew over every time the wind came and I was tired of picking it up and honestly I did not want it to break.

Front Porch wraps around the corner and there is a small seating area there with two blue chairs


These brown wicker chairs we have had for 15 years, we bought them at Pier one and we love them! They are so comfortable and sturdy. The cushions are a find from TJ MAXX, you have to love that place.

Oppisite view

I love wicker

 These photos are of the back deck, please excuse the deck, we have to clean and stain it but frankly it is just too hot. I do not think I am cut out for these temperatures.

The deck is surrounded by crepe myrtles and it is so beautiful out there at night with the shade and the canopy of all of the flowers, the tinkling of the water from the fountain and an occasional song from the wind chime.

Back deck



Fountain

View from fountain


Flowers


I love potted flowers but they are hard to keep alive some days with the heat. Silly me, I was under the impression that these pots we low maintenance.


I am linking this with Savvy Southern Style blog party, you should check out the fabulous ideas that are already linked there. Thrifty Decor Chick



2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth your porch is so wonderful and inviting. I absolutely love it!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...