Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Before and After Mud Room


Welcome to my mud room or as you can tell by the decor, the dog's room/ mud room/ back closet. This is the first room into the house from the garage, it is a nice size space but it is a little awkward in shape. 






That really doesn't matter though because it serves it purpose which is to hold all of the stuff you want to keep out of the main floor of the house, i.e. shoes, bags, stuff, or anything else.






 I started by hanging the shelf with the iron brackets above the existing bench, to make more space for things like mittens, and hats. 

Bench and Pegs

Then I purchased three baskets  from TJ Maxx for shoes, and added cushions (they match the lining of the basket, so for now they will have to do. I do not sew well and I have to wait until my mom comes to visit if I would like something changed.


Bench and cubbies with new shelf

  I put up a little shelf next to the door with pegs to hold the keys, it is always nice to know where they are when you need them, and the last thing I did was put a cork board on the back of the door. 


Keys, notes, coats


As for all of the daschund stuff, people give the dog all sorts of stuff so we keep it in her space. 


Back of door cork board , Dogs art


The large print is called "Near Sighted Daschund" and we purchased it 10 years ago for her in New Orleans. 



"Near Sighted Daschund"


"Bone Hedge"


The other piece, a photograph is called "Bone Hedge", we found it in Friday Harbour in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Doesn't every little pup deserve their own art to eat and drink to?


Munchen's eating area



Her other art, includes a rusty daschund statue made by a North Carolina artist, and two antique pieces, one a boot scraper and the other a set of food and water dishes.



small table and more dog stuff

The little table is an antique that I painted black and put a basket on top to hold glasses and hats, etc.

Before

What do you think? I think it looks a million times better with no money spent and has gone from blah to beautiful!

AFTER
 
  







6 comments:

  1. Well done, I love all your little touches! I have serious mudroom envy at the moment!

    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a change! You really added some colour and visual delight to this space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth, my first time to your lovely blog through Jeanne. I couldn't resist taking a peek at your mudroom transformation. It looks terrific and as a dachshund lover myself, I was admiring each fun detail. What a great space and a place your pup will love! Have a great weekend.

    Cheers ~ Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUper cute~ I love the changes you made and your charming little dog on the shelf. Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday~ come share again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! You are so lucky to have a mud room. It looks very nice. Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful space! You just made it come to life with all of your details and we are so glad you shared it with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...