Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kitchen Granite Preview


Before

After

Another After

Granite Close-up
This is our new granite! It has a leather finish, which is like a honed finish but it is not smooth, you can see the little nubs, divots, and imperfections.

This area of the kitchen was the part I was most concerned about, as the entire cabinet structure and bookcase is attached to the rest of the kitchen cabinets and molding. After three different companies came to give us ideas of how they were going to take this apart, or chisel the counter out we went with a company that assured us that they could remove the existing counter in one piece.

I will not say that it was as easy as that but it did come out smoothly and the new granite is installed in one large piece, slid in under the bookcase and cabinets, with no damage to either and one little nick out of the wall. Nothing a little paint wont cover.

I will show you the rest of the kitchen once the tile is installed which could take two weeks as our tile man is very busy this summer!

Now on to the next project!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth,

    I love makeovers! I am in the process at this moment, making over a DRESS FORM! I am on summer break from the classroom (I teach fourth grade in a French school) and I am having so much fun being frivolous with my time! I LOVE YOUR NEW GRANITE and everything looks wonderful. That quote you left me is outstanding. I am always wanting to write things that will uplift, and I an wondering today, amongst the many things of beauty, what I should write. But amongst them all, it is the HUMAN RACE. Have yourself a day filled with inspiration and the magic from within!

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...