Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thrifty Treasure



I love the violin, not only the music it makes but the beauty of a beautifully made violin, the wood, the patina the shape, and the history. I also love still life paintings and own a few that include a violin. But I have never had a piece as big or as beautiful as this one that I recently found at a flea market for $40.00.










What do you think? I love it! The only bad thing, the wall space that I thought it would be perfect on, is not big enough! Oh well, I will have to move a few things around to make room for such a beautiful piece.

I am linking this to Southern Hospitality Thrifty Treasure, there are so many beautiful finds over there, come over and see what beautiful items can be had for so little!

5 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful painting, Elizabeth! And a great price! I have a friend who plays the violin and always wish I had learned. Any aspirations on your part?

    Thanks so much for stopping by! We really did have a fun weekend! :-)

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been thrilled with a discovery like this! It's a wonderful painting with a wonderful subject, and an icredible price! Flea markets are famous for very low prices on art. Good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth, thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such a nice comment. I just hopped over for a look at your space, and I love it...so full of happiness. I'm following. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. This painting is so lovely and will be wonderful when you hang it...I am sure it is going to be right at home....xv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...