Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another Tomato Pasta for Summer


my tomato harvest


Easy sauce

sprinkle with cheese



This is another easy summer tomato sauce. I would love to have said that I used my own tomatoes but alas I did not get very many in my harvest! Basically, I take olive oil drizzle it in a pan, add a couple cloves of chopped garlic until soft, then add the raw tomato's, cook down  a bit and add a splash of red wine, a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. When cooked to the consistency that you like, serve over hot pasta, sprinkle with cheese and a crusty bread!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I do love a simple pasta meal. Ideal for those early back to school days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this last night, yum! Our tomato patch is a bit film on the pickings too. ;)
    Thanks so much Elizabeth for your wonderful comments.. I love them all. I need you to be my travel guide!

    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sweet friend!

    I see that my basil plant has already died. That is usually an indication to me that summer is OVER! But how I loved my basil and tomato recipes this summer!!! This looks wonderful.

    Enjoy your day; I am OFF now to get to school to prepare for an OPEN HOUSE tonight!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That looks so delish!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...