Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Antique Stores and Finds!








Copy of a Stradivarius violin










All of the photos above are from "The House Key", located in Yorktown, Virginia. This store was gigantic! I could not believe how big it was. In addition to all of the antiques, they also sold fountains and antique garden planters, gates, etc. They had a design center and a beautiful selection of designer fabrics! Not to mention that when you walked in you were greeted by the cutest little whippet, who is the store pet! I loved him.




I loved everything in this booth, picture does not do it justice.

Love this piece!


I love this store! It sold something a little of everything but mainly English antiques.  There was literally something for everyone who walked in the door. I did buy two English fishing baskets from here! I lost the card for the store but it was in Gloucester, Va on the main road into the town. I will have to locate it and then put it in the next post!




1 comment:

  1. Love the fabrics and that armoir that you liked, what a lovely piece with simple lines. My guess is perhaps Georgian. Has the simplicity and straight lines of the early 1800s.

    Lovely post and photos Elizabeth.
    Have a great day
    Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...