Monday, August 29, 2011

Let there be light!

via Jones and Company

We finally have power, although it was only 30 hours it seemed like days. Did you ever notice how many times you walk into a room and flip on the switch even when you know you do not have power? Do you know how dark pitch black is? I can tell you, it is black! I went outside last night to take our dog out and it is a little disconcerting, no make that a lot, when there is nothing but blackness! No stars, no moonlight, no light anywhere! I felt like my husband and I were the only people left on earth, certainly the only ones in our neighborhood. I think everyone else went to hotels!

Anyway, on to better things, waiting for the damage to be fixed! Going back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Is it all peaceful there now? Whilst you were going through your ordeal I had a mini one of my own. My darling daughter decided "mum, you are growing a mustache, let me wax it :-<!!!!

    Ow, that hurt, but I now have a top lip as soom as a baby's bum!

    Not a touch of what you have had to suffer, but I hope my trial will bring a little smile to your face :-)
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it through the storm ok.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...