Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome to the Tides Inn! Fabulous weekend Getaway!

I think that I may have mentioned that my husband has always loved sailing and dreams of living on a boat! I myself took sailing lessons years ago and sailed with my family for many years on Lake Michigan, as for living on a boat...maybe for a week or two, not for my permanent home.

Anyway, this weekend we went to he The Tides Inn  where my husband took the first of many classes to start him on his way to living and sailing long distances on his yet to be purchased sail boat.

Located on the Chesapeake in Irvington, Va The Tides Inn is an easy drive from many cities in Virgina.


Winding Road to the Inn





Who doesn't love a glass of lemonade and some chocolate chip cookies after a long ride?



Communal Lounge, cookies and milk served nightly!

Relaxing weekend!

While he spent 8 hours a day sailing I took advantage of the resort. The Tides Inn is a beautiful place and definitely family and dog friendly. The grounds are peaceful and beautiful and there are so many things to do, from sailing, to kayaking, golfing, croquette, walking, biking, eating, spa, relaxing by the pool  and antiquing! I biked, walked, looked at real estate, read a couple of books and went to the antique stores! I will show you my finds later and tell you about my adventure.



View from room

4 dolphins




Yoga anyone? Looking over the water, very serene!

Love the pool!







Hunting for breakfast

Croquette Anyone?


Hunting Jellyfish


Acorn on the beach
I could bore you to death with all of the photos, so I will leave it at this and hope that if you get to Irvington, VA you stop in the Tides Inn, I promise you will not be disappointed.

All photos taken by Pine Cones and Acorns.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, OMG it looks fantastic! What a beautifully restful place. This place is definitely on my list.
    Have a great week.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I agree with my dear friend Di, this looks FABULOUS! I love VA. My husband took me to Williamsburg about 23 year ago and we had the best time. It was right after my parents died, and just getting away to see the world in a way that I had never seen it helped me remember that it was time to CONTINUE and discover life.

    BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!! I LOVE THAT SPA...I could use just ONE more spa treatment before I go back to school!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...