Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Mirrors


As I said yesterday, in addition to my table project I painted two mirrors to go above the table in my upstairs landing. I decided to use the Paris Grey paint by Annie Sloan so that there would be a contrast with the table but also have some coordination to the tones in the water paintings on the art wall. I like the layered effect of two mirrors and I love that the moldings are built in the opposite directions. I did distress them a tiny bit and then of course waxed them.

I do have to change the ugly little knob on the table but I have not found an antique one that I like, so for now that is going to stay put so that I can open the drawer.

On a side note some of the photos are a little wonky because it is hard to take mirror photos without getting yourself in the mirror or a railing or who knows what else. Maybe I will learn photo tips from my blogging course that I signed up for from Decor8.





























P.S. The tile installer is here!!!!

Linking to :









7 comments:

  1. Love the layering and this color is so soothing. Thanks for sharing at Market Monday. Plse come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know just what you mean....I was trying to photograph a huge mirror the other day and either kept getting myself, or other stuff that was on the other side of the room and didn't want in the photo...

    I think I need some of those photo tips, too!

    Beautiful mirrors and I love your candle holders, too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for joining the Open House Party this week and sharing your pretty mirrors. I love the paint color and the two candleholders are wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are soo pretty! i love the nice soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely! The color looks perfect on the mirrors. I also like the basket underneath :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color and the layering - very creative! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth,
    I like what you did. Paris gray is my favorite color so far of Annie Sloans!
    I 'met' you after I painted my sideboard in my entry.
    http://renaemoore.blogspot.com/2011/08/project-monday-sideboard-reno-part-2.html
    I have restyled since then, removed the lamps, probably should take another pix!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...