Friday, September 30, 2011

Easy Little Bread Recipe


I was perusing Pinterest recently and found a link to this recipe. The bread is like a quick bread with yeast, or at least that is how I would describe it. If it was suppose to rise up like a beautiful yeast bread then I did something wrong because my bread came out without a dome shape. In any case the bread is easy and wonderful. I am going to make it again this week and add some nuts and perhaps some cranberries.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups warm water (105-115)
2 tsp active dry yeast (1 packet)
1 tablespoon of honey
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of rolled oats, not instant
11/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
2 tablespoons butter melted for brushing

1. In medium bowl sprinkle yeast onto the warm water and stir until the yeast dissolves. Stir in honey and set aside for a few minuted until the yeast blooms and swells, about 5-10 minutes.




2. Mix flours, oats,and salt in large bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix well.



3.Brush a loaf pan with melted butter, turn dough into tin, cover with a damp cloth and let raise for 30 minutes.

4. Preheat oven to 350 with rack in the middle. Bake bread for 30-40 minutes, until golden and pulling away from the sides. Remove from oven, turn bread out onto cooling rack. Serve warm with lots of butter.








This bread is delicious with seasoned butters, like honey butter, or something savory like rosemary butter. In fact, I made some honey butter for this bread, basically I softened butter and added some honey, then molded it and put back in the refridgerator to harden.


Linking here:

Modern Country Style

4 comments:

  1. MY GOODNESS dearest one, THIS IS UP MY ALLY! Oh I could devour the whole loaf, yes, LITTLE OLD ME!!! HELLO THERE! IT IS SATURDAY AND I AM SO HAPPY!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read you comment on my post...you are so, so special my dear.

    WOW. Today IS another day, and I have my darling friend IRINA coming over today for some inspirational friendship and poetry. Thinking of you and I HAVE MY ANGELINA COCOA ready for pouring!!! BISOUS, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I just lost my first comment... let me try this again... YUMMY, YUMMY YUMMY!!!
    Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bags are packed...and I'm on my way!!

    Thank you for linking up to Modern Country Style's Fall In Love link party!

    Sarahx


    Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...