Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rain, rain, and more rain...










"The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain.  This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency."

Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons

It has been raining forever, OK maybe only 7 days but I am still growing weary from it. Not only that, Fall has disappeared. It is hot and humid, again, and it is a strange gloomy color outside. I feel like I am in the Wizard of Oz, when it goes from a black and white to color, but the reverse. The bright spot of the day was the rain letting up enough to take a few photos of the falling leaves.


6 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth,

    Nature has a mind of its own, doesn't it?

    I do hope the sun comes back soon to you!
    Those photos are so beautiful, and I love how the doggie caught those leaves:))

    Blessings to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You poor thing, constant rain does lose it's appeal. We are also having a mini heat wave here in London, bbut with sunshine!
    Your photographs are beautiful, I also love the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT IS A LOT OF RAIN MY DEAR!!!!!!

    Oh how I need to get going here on the road but before I do, I have a package to open......you are so, so kind,

    BACK LATER!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rain when I dont' have to leave the house (which is basically never) but if I am able to stay in...nothing like a cozy rainy day! We too have had lots of rain, which is getting very old. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 days straight, that IS a lot of rain. We are having some rain off and on here. Yes, when you want to curl up inside it can be a blessing.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your rain photographs, even if you're not loving the rain! Here the weather has been odd- very cool, to very rainy, to very hot, back to rain and cool. Sunday is supposed to be 20 degrees cooler than today! yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...