Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Annie Sloan chalk Paint: Another Beautiful Before and After Table

Yesterday I showed you a couple of before and after projects that my friend Marian painted, and today I want to show you my favorite one that that she has painted lately. This little table was sort of shabby looking to begin with and was purchased at a garage sale. Marian has had this for awhile now but she said that she just did not know what to do with it. So after perusing the Internet she found this graphic of an old candy label I think she said, and got to work. This is entirely hand painted. She is quite a talented lady and I am lucky to have her as a friend!

Although she is terrific at painting and distressing and she can really make a piece look like it has a hundred years of patina on it, I think as far as painting furniture goes this is my favorite kind  of  work everything she does, in addition to her actual paintings on canvas.

What do you think? I love it!







This table as well as many other of Marian's creations are for sale at:

Cypress Point Antique Mall
928 Diamond Springs Road Suite 122
Virginia Beach, Va 23455
757-671-7557

There are many great booths at this little antique mall, including one that sells the most fabulous mid-century modern furniture if that is your style. Every time I go to visit her we stop in and I have never ever left empty handed. There is one booth that the man could have his own American picker show, he has so many interesting stories and so many fabulous things to buy!

I am linking to these parties:


No Minimalist Open House Party
Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded  at Stuff and Nonsense
Farmhouse Friday  at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home

28 comments:

  1. It's LOVELY! The before and after are jaw-dropping!! Thank you so much for sharing Marian's creativity. I wish I could pop by!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - can she fit that in an envelope to the UK do you think. Very talented, I love her work :-)
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is unbelievable my dearest! I LOVE PAINTED FURNITURE! AND HELLO THERE MY SWEET FRIEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth Dear, that is so gorgeous!! Your friend is very talented.

    Hope you are having sunny days :)
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...now that is some serious decorative painting! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNINGLY beautiful!!

    Deborah ♥♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/... hope you can drop by and say hi too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That's REALLY, REALLY cool! What talent! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Marian is one very talented lady and the table is fabulous. We normally go to Virginia Beach in the Spring and I will be sure and visit this shop. Thank you for sharing this at the Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love the table! Marian did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is stunning! The decorative painting you did is a real achievement. Fabulous!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday! Your participation helps to make the party better!

    I am a new friend and follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! Wish I was closer. It is amazing!
    Smiles, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful!! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful! I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That table is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure it's even sold by now! What a great job she did painting that graphic on top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! That is beautiful! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this redoux! I am so inspired to try something like this. I would love for you to link up this project at my link party that is open until midnight. It is every weekend, Friday-Sunday. Thank you so much for sharing! Visiting from MMS. Redoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, this is fabulous, thanks for sharing at VIF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking up! Featuring tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I just wiped the drool off my shirt. I am in heaven looking at this table.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why can't I become a follower of yours? I see no way to. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. This table is fantastic! What a treasure. She has some serious skills! Thank you for joining me for the HSH Fall Open House!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw this on FB on Annie Sloan Unfolded and had to stop by to take a peek. It is fabulous!!! Think I will have a look around while I'm here and add you blog to my blog roll; I see some interesting things...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi there, love this table! Does Marion have a page I can go to? What is her last name - I'd like to see more of her stuff or be able to locate her somehow . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...