Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Before and After Coffee Table

My friend Marian is a fabulous artist, in her past life she worked as a decorative finisher for many years. But now that the last child is off to college she has retired from that and is going back to her true passion painting, art, crafts and furniture.

These are a few of her before and after pieces and they are spectacular. This coffee table was purchased at a garage sale, it has been painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and then hand lettered using an image from The Graphics Fairy, then distressed and rubbed with wax. I think it turned out fabulous! What do you think?

Before


After Close Up

After Fabulous!

This little tray is very cool too, but I do not have a before photo. The same steps were involved, a little chalk paint, hand lettering and then a bit of distressing. I would love to have my morning cocoa served on this little tray.


SOLD ALREADY


All of Marians pieces are sold at:
Ruby Slipper Designs

Cypress Point Antique Mall
928 Diamond Springs Road Suite 122
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
757-671-7557


I am posting these here because although Marian has a blog she does not keep it up to date and I want her fabulous projects to be seen (with her permission of course). Marian sent me a few more before and after photos, one is of a little side table and it is spectacular. I will post that tomorrow.

I have linked this some of the following parties:

9 comments:

  1. Love these pieces Elizabeth, would die for a large hallway to house that table :-)
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such creativity! Thanks for sharing her work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I saw this post!! I've been looking for local places to find things like this and honestly Marian is right up my alley with her style.
    I'm so excited to check out Cypress Point Antique Mall and visit her booth and everything else there.

    Thank you!
    Pamela @ pbjstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow...that is GORGEOUS!!! Amazing what a great imagination, a little elbow grease and sheer talent can do. LOVE this table!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDEFUL!!! OH I HOPE YOU SEE THAT I CAME! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS Elizabeth your comment meant so much to me yesterday, thank you so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That table is heart-stoppingly gorgeous! Please pass along my compliments to your friend. I acknowledge you for being such a good friend to see that she gets recognition for her hard work. You're awesome! I wish I lived closer so that I could visit. I'll see if I can't send a sister your way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! My entire family lives in Hampton Roads area. I'll have to stop in on the shop the next time I'm "home". ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...