The rules of the award are to tell five facts about yourself and then to present the award to 5 blogs.
Here are my facts:
1. I have a Bachelors, a Masters and two years under my belt toward a Doctorate, in International Relations. My thesis and concentration of study was Chemical and Biological Weapons. I also studied Egyptology( thought I might be an archeologist), and have a certificate in the study of Holocaust Literature.
2. I dream of living in Scotland! Why? I have no idea except that the first time and every other time I have been there I "feel" like I am home, and have an overwhelming sense of peace there. Strange I know but true. Perhaps I lived there in a past life?
3. I have spent the last 20 something years traveling back and forth to France, most often Paris, for long stretches at a time and I do not speak French, unless I have too, not even to my friends of 20 years! I am insecure and do not like to be corrected or have people stare blankly at me if they do not understand! My husband gets so irritated that he is learning French so that he can do the talking.
4. Although I often speak of my love of hot chocolate and have gained a reputation of a Chocoholic, I rarely, if ever eat chocolate in any other form, not candy bars, not cake, not brownies. Although I love to bake with it and give it away.
5. I do not eat meat (except the occasional hamburger), chicken or any seafood. I lived in Alaska for two years when I was younger and our field trip was to watch the spawning of the salmon. Perhaps that tainted me? As for meat and chicken, I do not like the texture of it and have not eaten it for over 20 years. Weird but true.
Now for the Blogs on Fire Award recipients!!!!
Castles Crowns and Cottages:
Anita is such a beautiful and gentle soul. I love to visit her blog to read her inspirational and thought provoking writing coupled with her stirring images which are perfectly matched to the written word, and accompanying music. In addition to being a beautiful writer and person, she is a Renaissance Woman as far as I am concerned, and her tenacity and will is not to be matched. Anita is a self taught harpist, she went to school and earned a degree in French at the age of 34 and is now an Immersion Teacher, and she is a very talented artist and writer as well. Recently, in addition to her blog, and her teaching duties and writing, she opened up an Etsy store to sell her wonderful drawings, little theatres and magical creations.
The Enchanted Home:
This beautiful blog is written by Tina, and not only does she chronicle her adventures in building her dream house, which I might add is like watching fine artisans and craftsman build "The Breakers", or an English Manor House, she uses her blogging influence and readership to highlight other blogs in a weekly series. The readers of this beautiful and informative blog are transported every time they read this blog, Tina has an considerable archive of wonderful rooms and she shares them all with her readers! We all get to share in the building, and decorating of a wonderful family home and hopefully soon Tina's new business ventures!
Witty and Wise
Irina is the writer of this and two other blogs, and all are beautiful, magical and they speak to your soul. I found her through Anita and I love reading her beautiful, thoughtful and heartfelt posts. Her images mirror her thoughts and it is a feast for the senses whenever she posts. She is a beautiful soul and from what I have surmised from her posts and comments a wonderful friend and gifted writer.
Content in a Cottage
Rosemary offers often more than once a day a beautiful, cute or thought provoking image. The offerings are anything from a cute pup, to a beautiful English cottage, or a wonderful landscape and most recently several photos from her new IPhone. I love coming to visit this blog because there is always something to make me smile and to ponder about where she finds so many delightful images!
Collage of Life
Jeanne is the writer of this and several other blogs, and they are all beautiful. She is an incredibly talented photographer and writer and uses these talents to share her life in England, (by way of Australia by way of the East Coast of the US) interesting adventures in London and abroad, snippets about her children, wonderful books and more. Each time I visit one of her blogs I feel as if I am walking along side her snapping of photos of an English garden or Brocante Sale, or off on a wonderful adventure to London, or sharing a cup of tea, reading one of the many books that she speaks about. I also love the fact that Jeanne is filled with wonderful suggestions for dressing and being comfortable, looking stylish and being yourself!
If you do not know these blogs I urge you to check all of them out, I promise you will not be disappointed!