Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finished at last!!!!!!!




Finally this week the hole in the ceiling was repaired! You may remember me mentioning that in 2010 the roof over this room, which is our breakfast room leaked during a Nor Easter and did severe damage to the floors and the ceiling. I will not go into all of the details but needless to say it was never fixed correctly, consequently in a bad storm just prior to the hurricane that blew through here, the ceiling leaked...Again! And a bigger hole was cut into the ceiling  to see if they could locate the damage, oddly enough when they found the source it was nowhere near where the original people fixed. Go figure.


Nothing like a hole in the ceiling to add to the ambiance of a room!


In any case after have 3 weeks of people painting the outside of the house as well as fixing the hole everyone is gone and everything is put back into its place, just the way I like it!








The light fixture is called a "witches hat", it is hand forged iron and was made in the 1920's. It is from an old mansion on the Eastside of Milwaukee.





This painting is an original and I love it because it reminds me of Van Gogh


Family Room to left, kitchen to right.




I hope you have a happy Sunday and a fabulous week!


Linking to A Stroll thru Life

6 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth,
    I am so sorry to have missed all these great posts of your's!! The pie looks scrumptious! I love pumpkin! No, it is not too soon for Christmas..I woke up this morning with carols in my head and the movie White Christmas calling me to watch it. I think the holiday goes by too fast. Your house is gorgeous! I love the black and white, those are dominate colors in my home also.
    Blessings and hugs always~
    Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elizabeth,

    You home is so beautiful and light! That is a gorgeous painting, it just puts one in a good mood. Enjoy, dear friend!!

    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  3. oH DEAREST, I am here...I was working at my ETSY shop ALL WEEKEND LONG! Filling in orders and catching up. YOUR HOME IS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS and I wish I could visit. Your style is so clean and sophisticated and I could see myself lounging there, reading and chatting with you!

    Now I must run my friend; thank you for coming to visit me!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second picture in this post - It looks like you step back in time but then when you see the rest of the house it blends so well.

    Lovely,

    Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your glad to have that repair behind you and everything back to normal. I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of your beautiful home... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing to have everything fixed and all back in place. Love your room and the table and buffet are both lovely. Great vignettes. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...