Monday, October 10, 2011

Fabulous Carrot Cake Recipe

Saturday was my husbands birthday, and although he is not too fond of sweets, he does love carrot cake. This recipe is so easy but if you are a person who likes your carrot cake with pineapple in it this is not the recipe for you. It is a traditional carrot and spice cake, with delicious cream cheese frosting.






 Ingredients :
recipe adapted from recipes.com

4 eggs
11/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups of grated carrots



Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup chopped pecans for garnish

Instructions:
1.Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour your pans, you can use a 9 x 13, or 2 8 inch round pans, I used 3 5 inch pans.

2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and 2 tsp of vanilla. Mix in flour baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Pour into prepared pans.

3. Bake in preheated oven for 40-60 minutes depending on your pans. Check with a toothpick to see if they are done. Let cool for 10 minutes and then remove and let cool ion a rack.

4. To make frosting, in a medium bowl combine butter, cream cheese,sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy. You can add the chopped pecans to the frosting or use as a garnish.








Linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe, carrot cake and key lime pie are my two most favorite desserts!! I am definitely printing this out it sounds and looks amazing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream cheese frosting is the bees knees! I made a carrot cake like this (but it definitely did not look as pretty!)

    Thank you for reminding me, now I want to bake one!

    Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth.I enjoyed this post so much posted it on my posts to ponder today..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husbands favorite dessert in the entire world is carrot cake and this looks really really good. I am going to have to make this, his bday is coming up Nov. 24th, and this would be the best birthday present ever!
    Glad to have found you blog, am now following you, found you from Tina at Enchanted Home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks so good! I will try out the recipe on my family and let you know what they thought. I can almost smell it now!

    I found your blog through Tina at The Enchanted Home. I'm so happy to "meet" you and follow your posts!

    -Keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cake definitely looks FABULOUS
    I love carrot-cake so thank you for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!! Carrot cake is one of my all-time favorites. We will be featuring this tomorrow at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...