Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blogging Your Way Class by Holly Becker of Decor8



Pinterest, no origional Source found

I have been an avid blog reader since 2007, in fact I actually registered to start a blog in 2008. I went out, got a few books, Blogging for Dummies and the like, but I could just never figure out what to write or who would  read it, and if I am honest, I believe that I was held back by fear. Fear if I was good enough, fear that no one would find me and read what I wrote, fear of exposing myself and fear of the unknown. The world wide web and blog land are vast and a bit scary.


Finally one day, I just said enough. I am nearing the second half of my life and in the past I have tackled many things, such as taking up the violin at 28, traveling alone to Europe for weeks at a time to countries where I did not speak the language, earning a Masters, teaching myself to be a candy maker and a chocolatier among others.

Not to mention the fact that everyone has a story and valuable information to share. More importantly,  I am doing this for me; to share adventures, tips, books, travel, recipes, and who knows what else, in addition to learning, from myself and from other bloggers!






As many of the blogs I follow are written by seasoned bloggers I thought recently that I may need a little help with my own, so for the past month I have been taking the class Blogging Your Way offered by the writer, blogger and author, Holly Becker of Decor8 and co-taught with Leslie Shewring from A Creative Mint and Color Me Pretty. I, as I am sure many of the present, as well as, past class members am at times overwhelmed and in awe that someone with the success of Holly would offer a class to share all of her tips, trials and tribulations and her knowledge.

This week is the last week of classes and I am trying to catch up, in addition to having guests, and working, I am having a bit of a struggle taking in all of the information. But I will tell you this, if you are unsure of yourself and your blog, your place in blog land or are a seasoned blogger just looking to make some improvements, I promise that if you sign up for this class you will not be disappointed. Not only will you come away, hopefully a better blogger but you will have new found appreciation, for the hard work, and dedication that it takes to make and maintain a successful blog.

I know that I did and I hope that you will see in the near future some of the things I learned in class to make this better blog.








9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elizabeth....this is so interesting. I am still stuck on "you learned to be a candymaker/chocolatier" We are meant to be friend for sure this much I know for sure!!!!

    So interesting about this class, I think everyone from a total novice to a seasoned veteran always has to have an open mind to learning more, there is always room for improvement in my opinion! When I eventually have more time I would love to look into it to see what its all about.

    Whatever you are doing...its working, because I love coming here and hearing what you have to say. I cannot express adequately in words how very much your comment meant to me, heart warming to the point that I haven't taken the smile off my face yet. YOU could be a teacher and hold your own classes on blogging etiquette and kindness:) Amazing how the spoken word has such power over us isn't it and how a few kind words can turn someones day around! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,
    I, for one, am so glad you decided to take the reins and start your blog. I have learnt so much from you, having only started this year. I will watch with interest how you develop so that I can learn. You are inspiring and a joy to follow.
    "CHOCOLATIER" - I love it!
    With warmth and admiration.
    Di
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great resource, thanks for suggesting it. Like you I've read several books, but I feel I would benefit from some more advice. So I'm going to have a look and depending on work commitments will enrole.
    Your blog by the way is inspiring, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD MORNING DEAR FRIEND!

    There is so much to learn about blogging, but one thing that I have learned in the nearly four years that I have been doing it is to just simply be YOURSELF.....but improvements and changes are always part of the PROCESS...and our ways of communicating and thinking, creating and sharing always change as we change directions and visions!!! I KNOW ONE THING: I AM SO GLAD I MET YOU!!!!!!!!

    BISOUS, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth, You have a wonderful blog going on here. Thanks for stopping by mine, just while our blog hop was going on. Can you believe that our four week class is just about over. BooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Elizabeth,
    Your package arrived yesterday!! I am still squealing with delight!! A chocolate , treasure trove. I have already devoured the chocolate bar. And had a wonderful cup of hot cocoa. Delish! You are such a beautiful and generous person , thank you so much! I will put a post on my blog thanking you this week. Now with Christmas around the corner... I am looking forward to sending you something in return. :)

    Blessings and chocolate hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a class for blogging is a great idea. I for one am so glad you decided to start one. I am going to go check out Holly's site next. I say just be yourself and post what you love, they will come. xo
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Elizabeth,

    Well, as other friends have mentioned, you have an absolutely terrific blog. It always feels like I am visiting the warm home of a dear friend! I learn so much from you, and am constantly inspired by you! Are you still playing the violin? That is fantastic that you learned at 28!! I would like to take up cello...I got the violin out of my system as a teenager hee.

    The blog course sounds like a great thing, I will do some research for sure. And I so agree with dear Anita. The most important thing is to be ourselves, for that is what we all truly are looking for. Authenticity and purity, I believe.

    Hugs to you and a beautiful weekend,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...