Monday, November 14, 2011

German Chocolate Cake with Fudge filling and Pecan Coconut Frosting


I had the best birthday ever! My husband arranged a suprise and flew my sister and my mother in to celebrate my birthday weekend with me. I was so excited and we had such a wonderful time doing what we love; baking, cooking, reading magazines, watching movies, going for long walks, shopping and just being together. We did also manage to sort the Christmas decorations and I am now itching to get things up, for now I have restrained myself to a little tree in my office and playing Christmas music.



Of the many things we baked and made this was my birthday cake and it was yummy. I love the pecan coconut frosting, that is the best part, I could just eat a bowl of that with a spoon.  You could just make the cake, and frost it with the chocolate frosting, or just the coconut, but using both is special and over the top! If you would like the recipe go here to visit my other blog Once Upon a Chocolate Life.   Enjoy and happy Monday.









Linking to:

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great day, you deserve it!
    Have a great week :-)
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a happy birthday. The cakes looks delicious! I too am getting excited for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the
    SWEETEST day!
    Thanks for sharing
    your appy moments
    around the virtual
    water cooler on
    Monday Moments!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I love pecan/coconut frosting. :)

    Thanks for linking up to Friday Food on Momtrends.com!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...