Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nudo Olive Oil for Christmas

If you have read my blog for any length of time then you know that I love to be in the kitchen. I prefer to bake and my husband loves to cook, we are always in the kitchen working on a sauce, or experimenting with a new recipe. As you can imagine we have lots of condiments, oils, spices, chocolates and the like. We are also given lots of food related gifts at Christmas, hot sauces, exotic salts, hot chocolates, and of course olive oil.




In 2007 a co-worker of my husband told him about a company called Nudo, a novelty idea where for a subscription price you could adopt an olive tree in Italy, then receive the oil from your tree in two shipments during the year. If you happen to be in Italy, you could even visit your tree. I was a little skeptical, I couldn't imagine what the quality of the oil would be like or how this scheme worked. My husband however, was sold on the idea and we have been adopting trees ever since.

Nudo was started by Jason Gibb and Cathy Rogers, a couple from England who gave up their jobs as television producers for a life on an abandoned 21 acre olive grove. As their time and experience in Italy has grown; so too has their love and appreciate for the culture, the food and the desire to preserve the traditional ways of local Italian food production.

The adopt the tree idea is a collaboration of their own olive grove along with arsenal olive producers in Le Marche and Abruzzo. Each farm is responsible for their groves and all of the oil goes to the adoption program. Being a part of this program allows the farmers to continue to use the traditional farming methods which apparently produces the best olive oil in the world.


As I said, we have been adopting trees since 2007 and have loved all of the olive oil we have received. In addition to the cold pressed olive oil, you receive some of their fabulous flavored oils, chili, and lemon, which is my favorite. You get a little adoption certificate and you have the ability to pick your own tree. We have given this gift many, many times and everyone we given it to has love it. 

If you are looking for a gift that is unusual, delicious, and keeps on giving; to the people you gift it too and to the arsenal olive growers, Nudo is it!!!


All photo are from Nudo. I have not received any compensation from Nudo, I simply love the product!


9 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, another treasure you are introducing to us! Thank you..I'm bookmarking this one as well. I am crazy about good olive oil.

    I love your new header too:))

    Have a beautiful day, dear friend..
    Stay warm and cozy! (We had our first flurries of the season!)
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a creative idea. One I have never heared of. How about adopting a chocolate tree?! Now that I could go for. Thanks again for the cocoa.
    Blessings and hugs~
    Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is amazing! What a fabulous and unique gift idea....love it. I can't live without olive oil....and would love to be the recipient of such a special gift...love this idea!
    Did you get a new header? Looks great.......thanks for the great find Elizabeth:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of this, off to check it out now. Have a great weekend sweetie :-)
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping in to say hello! :)

    Have a fabulous week-end, dear friend..
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening dearest heart! I see my sister, Irina has been here...I have been sitting quiet all day long, trying to get rid of this thing in my throat.....oh how well you pick out products! Baking today dear one? Oh how I wish Ruben was here to bake for; he is out of town but my prince will be back tomorrow..maybe a nice batch of chocolate ginger cookies!!!!! BISOUS MON AMIE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sweet Elizabeth....

    It is always so fabulous to connect every time one of us makes a new post. Seeing you come my way has always been a charge for me, for your kindness and outlook is of great importance to me. Thank you for flying over the roof tops in order to show ME that all it takes is wise planning and ACTION. THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH MY FRIEND.....how about a cup of HC dearest? Let's sit and enjoy the November sky,listening to Chopin or flipping through one of your favorite books...Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea Elizabeth...what a great gift too. I forgot to mention in my last comment that I love the new header! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet E, I LOVE
    this; thanks for the
    recommendation!
    Gonna check it out,
    now....
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...