Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Photos and Holiday Open House

Happy Weekend! I am so ready for the weekend, its funny but lately I feel as if I really need a 3 day weekend every week. Just to catch up on things, maybe take a nap and just relax. 





There are simply too many things going on and I need a little break! Not to mention that I am really getting anxious to start baking and making candy for the holidays!





I have been experimenting again with my camera, reviewing some things that I learned at my blogging class,Blogging Your Way by Holly Becker of Decor8, (I wrote about that here, if you are interested) and thought I would show you my progress. 
As the weather has dropped 31 degrees in one day I think this spectacular color may fade soon with the coming frost so I wanted to capture a little of its beauty. All of these photos are taken around my house.









Also, you may recall me featuring a few of my friend Marians pieces of beautiful hand painted furniture, the Cypress Point Antique Mall where she has her booth is having a holiday open house this weekend.



 If you are in the neighborhood of Virginia Beach, you should stop in. They will be having lots of goodies to eat, there are beautiful antique finds there and Marian hand painted some of the most beautiful ornaments, and about five more spectacular pieces of furniture. I love them all!

I am off to see the Coastal Living Magazine Idea House decorated by the fabulous Phoebe Howard. I will show you the photos this weekend.

Happy Weekend! Enjoy!

Cypress Point Antique Mall
928 Diamond Springs Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23455
(757) 671-7557

3 comments:

  1. Your photographs are amazing. To have all that wonderful colour near your home, you are so lucky. Have a great weekend baking and making sweets, Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    One thing I have noticed is that you blog a lot more regularly since taking your course. That and you wonderful photos!!!
    I love your friends tables, they are wonderful.
    Have a great weekend :-)
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dear, dear Elizabeth!!!!

    I LOVE THAT PICTURE with the tree bark and the speckles of green; experimenting with the camera is a brave step! Once in a while I can get a good shot, but it does take perseverance, and you have gathered up a wonderful basketful of holiday wishes for me dearest. Enjoy a peaceful and lovely Saturday, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...