Friday, December 30, 2011

Dinosaurs, Angry Birds and Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread

The kids and I are having lots of fun, this morning I was allowed to be a flying dinosaur and not just a T-Rex, and I had the pleasure of watching Angry Birds videos( who ever thought pigs and birds were riveting movie/game material), Max and Ruby( which I secretly like) and a pony movie. I have to tell you, 5:00 is not my usual wake up time, and so far I have not been successful in convincing them we need naps. Any helpful hints are greatly appreciated.

 We did have plans to go to the park but it is raining cats and dogs here so instead we are back to baking. We just made a Chocolate Swirled Banana Bread, the recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine and I have been making it since I first saw it in 2003. It is healthy and easy two things that I like. I do use this recipe even when I do not have the healthy ingredients, I just adapt it to suit my needs and the ingredients that I have on hand, so do not feel as if you have to run out and get a bunch of stuff.

IMAGE MY RECIPES.COM

  

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, egg substitute, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

I hope you have a great day, I know that I will! We are baking chocolate chip cookies later, and I do love cookie dough! I just hope that I can keep them away from the videos, the first 10 times they are funny, or amusing, after that...well, I do not think I will be able to stand anymore.

1 comment:

  1. You are such
    a great sport,
    Elizabeth!!! And,
    a great baker,
    to boot : ) Enjoy
    these precious
    moments, my
    friend!

    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...