Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pecan Praline Pull Apart Bread




What do you serve for Christmas breakfast? Do you plan a big meal with eggs, pancakes, and all of the fixings? Or do you plan for little bites to eat, like bagels, monkey bread, rolls, etc, between the gift opening? Christmas breakfast is hard to plan especially if you jump out of bed, open gifts, run to mass, come home and then have a big Christmas lunch or dinner planned.


Here is something that I will be having! It is a Pecan Praline Pull Apart Bread. It is fast, easy and delicious! I think I may say that about everything but that is sort of my motto lately. In any case, enjoy!


Ingredients:

2/3 of 1 package of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
1 stick of melted butter
1 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon (more to taste)
2 cups pecans chopped

1 Cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup Brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cinnamon


Directions:

Step one: Do this Step the night BEFORE:
Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray, set aside. Melt butter in shallow bowl. In a separate bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Roll each FROZEN dough ball in the butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture, place dough balls in pan, after each layer sprinkle with pecans. When all the dough  is used up sprinkle left over cinnamon and butter mixture over the dough. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Should look like the photo above.



Step 2: Take the pan from the refrigerator and set aside. Mix heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, add brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the top of the dough. Place bundt pan on a foil lined cookie sheet, this is important because the pans will most probably spill over. Bake for 1 hour or until brown. Let sit for 5 minutes then invert on a plate and serve. Your guests with love these.




Notes: I modified the original recipe. I added more pecans and more brown sugar and cinnamon simply because I wanted more of the syrupy stuff and more pecans. If you do not I have provided the link for the original recipe.

Also, when I made this the first time I used the entire package of rolls, I made a 9 inch bundt pan of rolls and a 5 inch pan. Everything went well until the pans went into the oven. The little pan rose so much that the top rolls kept falling off onto the cookie sheet below and I had to stick them back on top of the bundt pan.



What will you be making for Christmas breakfast? Do you have some great recipes? I would love to hear them! Enjoy your holiday my friends, in the blink of an eye it will be over..too soon!





Linking to:
Designs bt Gollum

8 comments:

  1. Let me tell you. IF I had my druthers, and had a lower blood sugar count, this is what I WOULD BE EATING!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH! Yeasty, moist, oh dear...I better stop!!!

    WISHING YOU THE BEST HOLIDAY DEAREST ONE!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually make sticky buns and serve bagels and such but now I'm rethinking my breakfast plans. This pulled apart bread looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How decadently delicious! Yummmmm, we tend to make eggs, sausage or bacon, lots of different breads and biscuits, some kind of sweet bread, and lots of fruit with fresh juice. Also normally have bagels because its a treat for those visting, as we have an amazing bagel store nearby! I am not a big breakfast person personally and this year we are kind of "winging it" but it will all work out as it always does, I bet your kitchen smells devine on Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness what a fantastic breakfast, we have such a huge lunch that I tend to do a small breakfast, and I usually go to the Vigel Mass on Christmas Eve as I'm up to my ears preparing vegetables etc during Christmas morning.
    I would love to try this sometime soon though, I am in awe of American baking, so clever and creative.
    merry Christmas to you, I hope you have a relaxing and happy day. Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say in Australia, I am gobsmacked...that means in total awe of all that you do. Another delicious looking recipe. I am trying to think of what I can use in place of the dinner rolls you mentioned. Homemade dough?

    It is pancakes and bacon for us on Christmas morning with lots of clementines on the side...my favourite. :)

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS.. Love your photo on Pinterest....you should use it on your blog..you gorgeous thing you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am only imagine the look of heaven on the faces when they bite into this! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a bite of that now please! Don't think it will happen this Christmas, but maybe New Year's! Thanks!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...