Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Milwaukee Architecture

As you know, I love Milwaukee. I think it is a fabulous city that has a lot to offer as far as culture, Lake Michigan and the arcitecture.


In any case, Milwaukee was settled by Europeans mainly by the German and the Poles and they brought with them great craftsman who help to build the stunning mansions of the beer barons and the wealthy of the city. So often times when I am here I like to look up and take in the things you normally pass as you are taking in a neighborhood.
















The Northpoint neighborhood of Milwaukee, located along Lake Michigan and bordering Lake Shore drive, often refereed to as "the Gold Coast" is where you will find the old world craftsmanship on one after the other of beautiful houses. Today, while on my way to an appointment I took a few photos of some of these beautiful places.


After snowing another 3 inches it warmed up to 39 and then back down to a chilly overnight of 9! I am not used to this COLD! I have been away too long. I hope you are staying warm wherever you and and having a wonderful day!

I also wanted to take a minute to thank these wonderful blogs, they are the top referring sites to my blog for the month of December. I am so grateful to all of these lovely ladies! They are not in any particular order.

Lauren at Pure Style Home
Jeanne at Collage of Life

Thank you for helping my blog grow! I am inspired by all of your blogs and your beautiful posts.

4 comments:

  1. Your city looks beautiful Elizabeth and glad you're getting the snow and not me but we are getting wind and cold. You're welcome for the heads up on your blog, it's beautiful and you deserve it.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images of Milwaukee. Last time, only time in fact, we were there was for my husbands college friends wedding about 10 years ago. It was a load of fun. We just got a small amount of snow here and my kids were tickled pink, me not so much, am ready for summer. Never been a big winter person. But must say the snow does make beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY GOODNESS DEAREST, I am barely getting around to visiting every one and I come here to see my name?????? THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!!! And I so love your pictures. Again, I have got to visit this city for I am not that far away! LOVE LOVE LOVE to you and may you be blessed with so much happiness. You have been so kind to me my dear. I am so touched that you have mentioned me here. ENJOY THE SNOW!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAREST, I JUST LEFT A COMMENT AND IT GOT CHEWED UP!!!!! I LOVE THIS AND THANK YOU FOR THE MENTION...I will be back via email Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...