Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Say it isn't so... Downton Abbey Update

Please tell me that the rumors are not true? Maggie Smith is not leaving after Season 3 of Downton Abbey?


To say that I am a huge fan of this show is an understatement! I like it for the quality programming, the fabulous castle, the story and of course the acting; and frankly Violet, the Dowager Dutchess makes the show.

 Yes, Yes, I know it is an ensemble cast but what would this show be without Violet's witty quips, her withering stare and her enormous presence?

I will try to have a "stiff upper lip"
 and perhaps make myself a cup of tea to get my nerves under control.




After all they say it makes everything seem better.

Please Maggie Smith reconsider if you were leaving!

I hope you are having a great week. The weekend is in sight!

Thanks to my new followers. I hope you find something here to amuse you, to bake and eat, or perhaps just to visit while traveling.  

4 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

    Ruben and I are hooked. We have the DVDs of the first two seasons and we have ALREADY WATCHED THEM TWICE! WE had to have a British fix and immediately after we finished round two, we watched SENSE and SENSIBILITY.....TWICE! But no. NOOOOOOOOO! MAGGIE SMITH LEAVING???? How in the world will they pull that off? Why is there CHANGE....I do not do well with change!!! teeeheee.....

    But I do think that a cup of tea DOES solve a lot of nerve problems...that is why after a long day at work, a POT of tea is in order for me!!!

    LOVE THIS DEAR HEART...CARRY ON!!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't share in your concern since I only saw it once...I know if I took the time to "get into it" I would love it since I love period films of all kinds! Hope she stays for your sake...but in the meantime, indulge in a cup of tea and few yummy sweets to help you get through it.....at least thats always my excuse:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right about the tea, dear friend,...AND about Maggie Smith. I also adore her, and perhaps this is why they are bringing in Shirley Maclaine?
    I will miss her if it's true.

    On to the newest post!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

    I am a huge fan and Maggie S.
    really MAKES the show!!!

    Stiff upper lip and all that : )

    Hugs,
    xo Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...