Friday, May 18, 2012

Goodbye Wilf the Pon

You know blogs are a funny thing, they offer us information about cooking and baking and books, they give us beauty in photos of fashion, interiors, art and travel but they also offer friendship and a peak into the lives of very special people if we are lucky enough to find them.

When I discovered blogs way back when, I found From the House of Edward, a blog written by the immensely talented Pamela, telling the tales of her life and her dog Edward. I was always drawn to her blog roll, after all "like people attract like people" and from there I discovered a treasure trove of people and also some dogs.




From Pamela's blog roll I found two beautiful Polish dogs Wilf and Digby.




Their blog, Wilf the Pon (formerly Wilf and Digby Discover France) is written by the incredibly prosaic Angus.



To say that Angus, "the Font", Wilf and Digby have had an interesting life would be an understatement and I felt as if I was living it with them as I settled in at my computer each morning. Sadly Digby passed after being bit by a tic and then a little while later Wilf was diagnosed with cancer. For the last year and eight months I, along with thousands of readers have followed along with Wilf as he walked his journey into the twilight, at his pace.  We shared his morning croissants, his coconut ice cream, his visits with the dog down the road, his rides to the airport to wait for Angus and "the Font", we snoozed along side him on the front stoop, and we saw the immense love that Angus had for his faithful friend. Sadly Wilf passed today, the battle became too much and he decided it was time to go and join his brother.




It's strange, but I shed many a tear today for a cute little white polar bear of a dog that I obviously never met living over in France. Across the miles through a blog I felt like I was a part of his world. I am going to miss his funny face and his adventures.


That is the power of a blog for all those that wonder sometimes why you write; a connection with people, friendships made, a smile on a bad day, encouragement often times from across the miles and so much more.

I hope you have a good weekend. If you want to know more about the Wilf please visit Here.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo I never ever had the chance to make the acquaintance of these two DARLING DOGS but I tell you who makes me chuckle and I will be SO SAD when he and she pass: GEORGE THE LAD and his sister TESS! THE FUN I have had bantering back and forth with GEORGE MI MAN....he smiles!

    Oh precious friend, I see that you came to visit. THANK YOU. I think many of us are just SO BUSY. It sure is wonderful to see you my dearest. Come by email when you can.....this is going to be a crazy weekend for me too. LOVE TO YOU! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this news. That makes me sad too. I loved that dog! I would forward on posts to my kids about how cute he was. That face. He'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always sad when we lose a friend even if it's on the computer. You're right about the power of blogland because I've made some really wonderful friends through our blogs. I'm sorry about lossing your friend even if he was a tad hairy you still formed a connection.

    Big Hugs to you,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post and those dogs are the cutest!!! I will have to visit her blog, sounds interesting. Hope alls well with you Elizabeth and that you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear friend, I shed a tear as well just reading your beautiful post.
    What a sweet face, how I love these furry, adoring creatures.
    I am sorry for this darling pup, but it sounds like he had a wonderful life.
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...