Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Language of Flowers: Flowers on Mother's Day



Dear Mom
by anonymous
Dear Mom, I said a prayer for you
to thank the Lord above
For blessing me with a lifetime
of your tenderhearted love.
I thank God for the caring
you've showed,
For the closeness we've enjoyed
in time of laughter and of tears.
And so, I thank you from the heart
for all you've done for me
And I bless the Lord for giving me
the best mother there could be.




Flowers  are always a beautiful and wonderful gift for mom on Mother's Day.



 During the Victorian Era the language of flowers or floriography was used as a means of communication to send coded messages for words and feelings.



Although this means of communication has been all but forgotten, I think it is still fun to find flowers for our mom's that send messages of love, admiration, joy, and thankfulness among other things.




For instance, you could give your mom a beautiful bouquet of roses in multiple colors; pink to symbolize love, grace, gentility, dark pink for thankfulness, pale pink for admiration, and joy.



Or orange roses for enthusiasm, and white for wisdom and charm!



Perhaps a bouquet of berries and chrysanthemum, to symbolize truth.



Daisy's for beauty and alstroeumeria for wealth, prosperity and the fortune of having such a wonderful mother!


 And tulips the ultimate symbol of unending love.


I think whichever beautiful flowers you chose in a bouquet or in a potted plant your mom will love them, not only for their beauty but because they are from YOU!


Will you be giving your mom some flowers for Mother's Day or do you have another gift in mind? I have a few special gifts that are already on the way across the miles, I just wish that I could be there in person.

Enjoy your day!

One more thing, thank you to all of the people who have sent emails and left comments to say that they have made either the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes or the Cinnamon Roll Cake, I am happy to hear that the recipes worked for you and that you enjoyed them.

6 comments:

  1. Oh their tender buds and fleeting beauty are like that of a mother's love. They refresh us, nurture our souls, and when they wither and die, they leave us only with the tender memories and perfume of their grace. PERFECT CHOICE for a Mother's Day gift!

    HAPPY DAY MY DEAR FRIEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be sending flowers since my Mom is gone...:( but I can always buy myself some flowers and keep her in my heart....;)

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! I have tea china gifts I have been collecting for Mom. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful!!!!!i love this post : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi elizabeth!
    met you over at my blog today, love yours. grab me if next you are in the shop, want to say hi
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this post, dear friend! You and your precious mother are blessed with a beautiful relationship...
    I am sorry you cannot be there in person, but you cherish each other and that love defies any physical distance!
    Hugs to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...