Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Changing Seasons

I don't know about you but I can already feel a change in the seasons here. Not so much in the weather, it is still in the high 80's and low 90's.




But it is getting dark a little earlier and the trees are starting to loose some of their beautiful summer flowers. 


The bounty of summer, the beautiful tomatoes, strawberries and peaches, are starting to dwindle at the market and in the garden. 


Slowly the hydrangeas are drying on the bushes. 



And everything is making way for the harvest of fall! 





Yesterday at the market I could not believe my eyes, a crate of pumpkins and a stand of mums! I love Fall but I do think August is too early to be selecting a pumpkin and replanting the front planters with mums! But then again I was at a shop recently that had some Christmas things! 



What about in your area, can you feel the crisp chill of Autumn setting in? I think it will be here before we know it. Let's just hope that Fall and Winter are not as erratic as Summer has been. 

I hope you have a great day!





If you are looking for something sweet and chocolaty than come over to my other blog Once Upon a Chocolate Life and check out my recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream Frosting. 

7 comments:

  1. I have definitely noticed changes, as you say the darkness is drawing in a little earlier and I even noticed the leaves changing colour on a few trees yesterday. The odd leaf is floating past the boat every now and then, but I haven't seen any Christmas items out yet, it's way too early for that!

    Off to Once Upon a Chocolate Life :-)
    Di
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even here in Florida I can feel the season changing over to Fall...it is just the little nuances...the changes in the shadows, an increase in the breezes...and the summer flowers making way for the fall annuals. I love it. Enjoyed your photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING MY DEAR!

    I can feel the change. Though we are no longer having terribly hot temps, summer is definitely still here, but with my husband going back to school and leaves falling off the trees, I wait with much joy the aromas of baked apples and cinnamon!!! Have a wonderful day! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is definitely in the air. As you noticed, the days are shorter, and many of my garden beds are waning.
    Also, school has started and many campuses in the DC area are buzzing.

    Enjoy the rest of summer, Elizabeth!

    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, I saw mums too! I am not fighting it, and though I do love summer, I am actually kind of excited for falls arrival.Today we had the most specatcular weather, kind of like pre fall, zero humidity, super bright skies..perfect really. I say bring on the cold weather, cozy sweaters and comfort foods!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous photographs. I think I'll feel it more when I get back to London next week, my daughter goes back to school a week tomorrow and will be in her winter uniform; a navy tunic with role neck and cardigan, navy socks and shoes, navy hat and gaberdine coat, it always makes me feel autumnal just looking at her.
    And then I'll start getting the house cosy after the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent much of yesterday pinning autumnal and Christmas inspiration. I was telling my husband I am ready to dig up the impatiens and plant the pansies. Yet I know it is too early. I have vowed to be patient. It is still quite warm here and we are expecting a visit from Isaac shortly. Your photographs are beautiful and the cupcake.....luscious! Have a wonderful week. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...