Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fast and Easy Recipes for Guests


The guests are gone and we had a great time. We spent hours talking, sitting at the ocean, and of course eating. As promised last week I will  show you all of the great things we ate. Many of these recipes I found on Pinterest and you can find these recipes, as well as, a thousand or so others containing lots of cheese and sugar on a few of my boards.

We dined on:

Day One:


Balsamic and Onion Roast from A Cooks Quest

Cheesy Potatoes from Get Off Your Butt and Bake


Triple Chocolate Oreo Bars made by me!


Day Two


Image Taste of Home, recipe mine

Green Salad image here, recipe and homemade vinaigrette's by me using my homemade vinegar.


Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats


Day Three
 We dined out on the Fresh Catch of the day, Oyster Stew and salads. 


Day Four

Grilled steak with chili chocolate sauce recipe my husband. Image here


Image here


Image Here

Banoffee Dessert made by me!

Day Five

My favorite meal of the week, Mexican night with chips, salsa, guacamole, carnitas and margaritas!



As we were in and out of the house we tried to make quick and easy meals and I think we succeeded. All of the recipes that are made from Pins on Pinterest are labeled and linked. The recipes are mine do not link to my recipe but to something similar. I have still not mastered the art of night time photos and I did not want to freak out my in-laws by taking photos of their meals before I would let them eat. 

A great time was had by all and I am sad to see my guests go but I am happy to be back in my routine and happily waiting for the next wave of guests to come.

Sold the first 5 minutes!

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY READERS THAT WENT TO THE RALEIGH FLEA MARKET!
 IT WAS VERY SWEET OF YOU TO MENTION THAT YOU SAW MY POST! I hope that you had fun and found some great treasures. 

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like a super week, I know what you mean about photographing food with guests staying, I've had my in laws here, and despite some beautiful dishes I didn't take any pictures.
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I please come and be a guest of yours? Your menu looks fabulous! Glad to hear you had a nice time and everyone ate so well.

    It's pouring here...woohoo!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELIZABETH MY DEAR!!!!!!!!

    WOW you had a wonderful time my dear, and your recipes here are beautiful! I am not a beef eater, but that balsamic and onion roast are appealing to me RIGHT NOW!!!!

    Oh how wonderful to get back to your routine. I am finally back to mine, but I have accepted the fact that it takes DAY BY DAY to get all the normal things back. One-thing-at-a-time is my motto in my 50s.....that is the only and healthy way to deal with overwhelming ideas that can only be handled on a daily basis!

    HUGS TO YOU DEAR FRIEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your recipes look delicious. I love Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks positively delicious! I know you are already planning the next great set of meals. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit, and that you all shared tasty eats.

    The lucky owner of that chest is probably gazing lovingly at it right this moment.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow wow! Day one looks so delicious, I can't get past day one. I need that menu today, off to the shops...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am droooling over your balsalmic onion roast! def on my list to try! I found your blog via design indulgence and I'm your newest follower....you'd better not make me pack on the lbs with these delicious recipes! ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear friend, I'm so glad you had a great time with your guests!
    And what a feast each day...everything looks fabulous!
    Sending love,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...