Thursday, August 16, 2012

What Katie Ate: My Dream Photos

ALL Images from What Katie Ate

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE blogs? OK, probably about 1 million times but I cannot seem to get enough. I love the stories, the writers and I really LOVE the photographs.

What Katie Ate

 When I saw the photo above it was love at first sight! This images to me, is not just a photo of a beautiful, yummy chocolate cake. When I saw it, I immediately conjured up a 40th birthday celebration in my mind.



A beautiful chocolate cake made by a best friend using her grandmothers recipe. The cake was to celebrate, not only the noteworthy birthday, but also their friendship. A vintage bottle of  Dom Perignon, that they had purchased on their first trip to France, was opened to toast their friendship, and to growing older, wiser and  happier. Yes, I did see all of that and more in that photo. 

What Katie Ate


To me a picture is worth more than a thousand words. Instead of just speaking volumes, it calls out and sucks me into whatever the world is.



I traced the "chocolate celebration image" to the blog What Katie Ate and have been a follower and admirer ever since. Katie Quinn Davies for those of you who are unfamiliar is a photographer, food stylist and writer from Ireland living in Sydney. 

What Katie Ate


In addition to her work on her fabulous blog, What Katie Ate and her soon to be released cookbook, she also has a monthly column in ABC Delicious Magazine. Unfortunately we do not get it here in the United States, but you can visit the web page here.



If you are not familiar with the immensely, talented Katie you must visit, her blog

What Katie Ate

Take the time to sit with a cup of coffee, tea or cocoa or perhaps a glass of wine and let your self relax and immerse yourself in the visual feast that is What Katie Ate.



 Take in her carefully styled photos, the well written and delicious recipes and perhaps you will find yourself transported, just as I was, into a story! 



 I promise you that you will not be disappointed for each photo is a feast for the eyes. You can almost feel yourself sitting at the table waiting to "dig in."


What Katie Ate

I have to be honest, I am in awe of Katie's work and I dream of taking photos like this one day. But if I do not succeed at least I will have these photographic still life's to enjoy.

If you already know Katie I would love to know which is your favorite photograph or recipe. 

I hope you have a great day! Enjoy!

ALL IMAGES FROM WHAT KATIE ATE!

9 comments:

  1. I love , What Katie Ate, Too.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,
    I hadn't seen this before. You're right, it's brilliant and the photos remind me of still life paintings by turn of the century masters! All dark and moody for the most part, I love the light and shade she incorporates. My favourite is the chocolate cake covered in raspberries!

    Hope you are well dear one. I've had a bit of a blogging break and must get back to it. The Olympics got in the way and since that's all I did for 2 weeks have nothing to blog about, the Olympics has been done to death on the blogosphere. Must get out and return to society methinks :-)
    Di
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are SO many talents out there, and now with blogging and other social medias, we can all shine in some capacity or another....I remember wanting to be a nutritionist at one time!!! Life takes us in interesting directions, but a good photo is something that ANYONE can enjoy and become inspired by!

    HI THERE DEAR ONE! How are you today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth! I can't wait to check out this blog. Her photos are beautiful! They are like still life paintings. Hope you are having a great week. Thanks for letting us know about another great blog!
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you have been drawn to these photos. Thank you for the intro, and I'm off to visit Katie right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are just as yummy as the food!! The problem is I can't visit foodie blogs too much.....makes me hungry all the time :) This one looks absolutely divine!
    Cheers,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  7. She takes fabulous pictures and from all her awards looks like she can cook too. I can't wait to sit down and scroll through her blog!

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photos...and the recipes look simply decadent...oh boy!! I will visit the blog for sure...thank you, sweet friend. Reminds me a bit of Donna Hay.
    I hope all is wonderful where you are...
    I am enjoying your treats SO MUCH! Today, we tried the Sarabeth's hot chocolate...Eizabeth, how you spoil me, dear friend!! :)))
    Absolutely scrumptious!
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I agree gorgeous pictures....I am always drawn to these type too, and you know I love food so its a no brainer:) I have to go visit her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...