Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall Colors and Pumpkin Recipes

I was reading an article yesterday that said the the "Fall Colors" are going to be spectacular this year. As of now I have no plans to go on a road trip in search of them but now that I have heard this I may have to. 

 It seems very strange to me that the leaves are already turning colors, as it is still in the 90's and frankly it is not even beginning to feel remotely like Fall. 


I am longing for the crisp morning air as I walk in my neighborhood, the lingering smell of a wood fire, and the crunch of the leaves under my feet. 

I also need an excuse to start doing some baking with pumpkins; next to hot chocolate, pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert. 

Image Pine Cones and Acorns

And since I have become a Pinterest Addict I have discovered a whole new world of pumpkin. So fasten your seat belts people because  I am starting off on quest to bake at least 2 things a week with pumpkin in them, from now until Thanksgiving. 

Pumpkin Bars Image from Cooking Classy
Image Redeeming the Table
Pumpkin Pie Hot Chocolate Pine Cones and Acorns


Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake from Pine Cones and Acorns

Don't worry I will not be posting them all here, I do not want you to stop reading but if you are a Fall fan check out my Fall Board for some inspiration. 

Image from In My Own Style

Tell me, will you be searching for the "colors of Fall? Any trips planned to New England to see the greatest display in the USA? 



I would love to hear about it! And to see your photos of the Fall color. 

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Stuning images! YES I am going on a road trip this fall. I will head upstate to Vermont and New Hampshire (my son has a few colleges to attend showcases in) and I am thrilled as they fall in peak foliage season so its a win-win! I cannot wait, in general always try to head up to Vermont to take in all the splendor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our situation out here is that our leaves are falling off before they start turning color! But we have had spectacular falls in the past and I know a place on the border of Wisconsin, not far from our house, where trees line the river....I think one of these weekends we need to go there.....lovely recipes today my dear one! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful images. I love the fall and I am so ready. I woke in NJ today to 46 degrees. Beautiful morning. Great recipes.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Autumn colors in the foliage here yet, but it will be here before we know it. Autumn is my husband's favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Elizabeth -
    I love fall, and look forward to pumpkin pies, pumpkin spice latte (haha), pumpkin cookies, etc. You've got me craving for some now. Can't wait for the weather to start cooling....ready to bring out my sweaters, etc.
    xoxo,
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all the images of pumpkin desserts and fall foliage. Fall is my favorite season and I hope to get to New England this year to see all the beauty there! Vermont and the Berkshires are my favorite places for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pumpkin pie hot chocolate? Hmmm, may have to try that out. Glad to hear that the colors should be nice this year. We are heading northeast in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, We actually have what one might think is fall color here, but it is only the result of the drought and heat (we, too, are in the high 80s to low 90s). I would love the chance to see all the wonderful colors in the northeast, but will probably need to conjure up my own scenes of autumn. I love to bake with pumpkin. I love the smell of baking pumpkin bread. I have repined so much from your boards, I am a little embarrassed. The pumpkin bars remind me of my spice cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin Pie Hot Chocolate...WOOOHOOO! Supposed to have a cool down tomorrow...my little can of pumpkin is waiting patiently! :)
    Dear, beautiful friend, how is your back today?
    I am thinking about you!
    I do hope Fall comes soon for you, dear Elizabeth...I am getting antsy for it too. We had 92 degrees today, but the breeze is keeping us sane ;)
    And Jacob just mentioned today that he wants to take that trip to Sheboygan in October...any chance you are coming out there?
    I feel the same way about you...like I have known you forever, kindred spirit!
    Enjoy the wonderful pumpkin treats, my friend...I was telling my daughter last week that I am so craving pumpkin pie! I may have to make one early...
    And are those cheese curds calling your name? Oh boy, are they ever yummy.
    Wishing you a terrific week, dear Elizabeth...
    Much love,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can feel Autumn creeping in as well Elizabeth. I love fall, such an exciting season, wrapping up all snug and being able to see your own breath as you step outside in the morning and not sweeping the fallen leaves too quickly so as to enjoy the colour and crunch underfoot. Hopefully one year we will get to enjoy the those New England colours for ourselves. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...