Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cookies with Vanilla Bean Glaze

Good morning! I hope your week is going well so far, Mondays are usually the litmus test for that I think. So far so good here.




 I mentioned last week that pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert and that as we are in the season I would be Pinning on Pinterest and trying many new recipes.



 I have not let you down; I have already made everything from pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies and pumpkin bars! Luckily I have friends that are willing to whisk it out of the house or I would be the size of a pumpkin.



I made these scrumptious pumpkin cookies that Debra of Acquired Objects posted on Sunday. 




I had not planned on baking as I had run of sugar (hard to believe) but when I read her post in the morning and this recipe started calling my name I ran out and the rest is history.




Pumpkin Cookies
Adapted from Acquired Objects

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
11/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 salt

Optional: In original recipe: 1 tablespoon grated orange peel, 1 cup of raisins

Glaze:
1/4 butter softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste
2 tablespoons of heavy cream

Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, add pumpkin, mix. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheets. Bake until golden brown 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Glaze when cooled.

Note according to Debra: The cookies will look a little raw that is ok, they are done and will set as they cool. Mine were the same and came out perfect. 


These cookies are delicious, they are soft with a hint of cinnamon, the mild flavor of pumpkin and a burst of vanilla with the added glaze. I think you will really enjoy making them as they are fast, easy and delicious! 

Thank you Debra for the recipe. If you try these cookies please let Debra know! Here is her LINK.

12 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth:
    Happily the week here too has got off to a good start but we confess to being far less industrious than you have clearly been with all of your baking.

    Of course pumpkins are available here, but not in the way they obviously are with you and mostly they are grown for decoration rather than to be eaten. That said, the receipt you give sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look sooooo good! My husband would be in heaven as he loves anything with pumpkins. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH DEAR....you are now striking a dangerous chord in my belly. I am not a dessert person, but anything with pumpkin or sweet potatoes TOPPED with anything creamy and vanilla in nature just gets me right here.....(pointing to belly)

    FABULOUS and aren't you just lovin' this season???????? YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, please pass me a cookie. Yum!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear your week is going well! You answered my question before it was ask. What do you do with all the wonderful things you bake? But oh my neither of us should be eating all the things I want to bake. These cookies look amazing. I may try them out on my children..... I hope you don't mind I mentioned Pinecones and Acorns on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't like grated orange peel? Trust me it makes the cookies and the scent heaven! I guess if you don't care for it you don't care for it. Glad you made the cookies and liked them so much, I knew you would, it's the sugar glaze. I actually like how you take recipes and make them yours...excellent!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so good....SO GOOD! Printing recipe.... ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are perfect for fall! I may have pinned this recipie myself, if not the same one, one that's super similar... Anything apple, cinnamon, or pumpkin is perfect this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can smell their delicious aroma right through the screen.

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you, I love anything pumpkin!! these look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I have to try Debra's pumpkin cookies. Your photos of them are amazing!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! You've been featured on Simple & Sweet Fridays for this delicious recipe!
    Have a wonderful week!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...