Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake on Pinterest

Hello and a good Saturday to you!  I love a Fall  weekend! No plans really and that is fine by me. What about you? What are your plans?



If you have a little free time and you feel like baking you could whip up this coffee cake. I wrote and posted this cake for Mother's Day Brunch and it is now the most popular post I have ever written thanks to Pinterest.



In fact I have received more hits (70,000) on this cake than I did the entire first year I blogged. It was pinned on Pinterest by me, and then re-pinned by many, many people including the magazine Babble and took off from there. Thank you Babble!




The reason that I am re-posting this is because I am constantly getting emails and comments on my Pinterest pages that they cannot find the link on my blog. So I am now making it incredibly easy I am posting just the cake and no extraneous photos or information.

 In addition there seems to be some confusion with the recipe and people having problems. Let me just say this, I am not a chef, nor did I develop this recipe, although I try to be helpful if you have a problem I am sometimes not sure what you are doing wrong. All I can say is follow the recipe, have the oven preheated and it should work. 



Cinnamon Cream Cheese Streusel Coffee Cake
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. each: ground nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, allspice

Filling:
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla


Streusel Topping:
1/4 cup of  brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter (semi-soft)
1Tablespoon  cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch Spring Form Pan with the bottom greased and floured. 
Cream the butter and sugar in a medium sized bowl fitted with a paddle attachment for 3-4 minutes.
Add the eggs & sour cream and beat for another 3 minutes.
Sift together in a separate bowl: flour, baking powder, salt, and spices & add to creamed mixture, mix on low just until combined.
Spread 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of a greased spring form pan.

Cream Cheese Filling:
Mix cream cheese with the egg yolk for 1 minute, add sugar and vanilla and mix to combine.
Spread filling mix over coffeecake mix. Spoon remaining 1/2 of coffee cake mixture over top. 

Stresuel topping :
Combine all ingredients, using your fingers, pastry blender or fork to cut the butter into the topping mixture until it resembles crumbles. Sprinkle over top.
Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack and run a knife around the pan before you remove it.


NOTES: Full disclosure. For the purpose of this blog post I used a 6 inch spring form pan and 2 3 inch spring form pans.  I made the recipe that way because I like smaller cakes and pies, etc. The actual recipe is for a 9 inch pan. I have made it several times in all of these pans  and the 9 inch comes out a little thinner, but obviously there is no difference in the taste.



I hope you have a fabulous weekend! And if you do make this coffee cake let me know what you think. 


  Linking to:

Or So She Says

11 comments:

  1. that's YOURS?! I've seen it!! And it looks scrumptious!!! Hooray, how fun to find such a connection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD MORNING my dear!

    Well, this looks like the perfect thing to make this weekend because we are going to have nice temperatures! Not really cold yet, but cool enough to warrant putting on the oven and getting a lovely aroma waft through the house.

    GOOD NEWS! Two merchants in my area are interested in my stuff.

    HAPPY DAY to you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP!!! I have to stop coming here I want to bake everything I see then I wouldnt' be able to sit on my computer chair! Looks soooooo good. Have you ever thought of opening up your own bakery shop!
    Happy weekend to you Elizabeth:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh Elizabeth, Now you know I love baking and what a treat this is. I'm not surprised you had so many people visiting your blog for this recipe, it looks wonderful. Thank you so much for introducing me to a new cake recipe. Have a fabulous weekend. Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make it...it runs all over the place

      Delete
    2. Lynn, as I noted in my reply, in the 9 inch pan or the 6 inch pan and 2 3 inch pans there was no problem. Sorry you had problems.

      Delete
  5. Good heavens!! Comfort food is here and I can't wait to try this. The topping looks amazing!!

    Great pictures and I'm trying to reach through my computer screen to have a bite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After more than an hour of cooking, I pulled an overflowing, runny, and burning mess from my oven. My pan was larger than the 6" pan you said to you...a bit over 7". I had planned on serving this coffee cake to my family for breakfast. After wasting precious ingredients, I now don't even have enough eggs to cook to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn Ross, I am sorry that you had so much trouble ith this recipe and more importantly that you had to waste ingredients. In this post I noted that the recipe is for a 9 inch pan, and in the note section, I said that I used 1 6 inch pan and 2 3 inch Pans when I made this. I make this recipe frequently and have never had a problem. I am not a chef, I am a home cook like many that post recipes and images of their baked goods and savory dishes on their blog.

      Delete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...