Thursday, November 29, 2012

25 Christmas Stockings: The Stocking Were Hung

Image Source
Hello and good morning! I hope you are having a great week, and perhaps getting a few ideas from my Christmas decorating series?




Image Source

Image Source
As I said, I am already finished with my decorating. But I have found so many great ideas this year I may change a few things.


Image Source

Image Source

How is your decorating? Did you get your tree yet? 

Image

Image Source
Do you have your mantle decorated? 

Image Source

Image Source

And what about your stocking? Where do you hang them?

Image Source

Image Source

At the foot of the bed? From the fireplace?

Image Source

Image Source
Or do you sit them on a chair? Hang them on the door or perhaps a shutter?
Image Source

Image Source

Do you have your stocking from when you were a child? Or perhaps you made them?

Image Here

Image Martha Stewart
What do you get in your stocking? An orange in the toe, chocolates, little gifts?

Image Source
In my family we also celebrate the Feast of St. Nick in early December so we get our stocking filled twice.

Image Source

Image Source

And we always get an orange in the toe, nuts, candy and little gifts of mittens, toiletries and a book.


Image Source
Image Source

Tell me, do you celebrate St. Nick? What do you get or put into your stockings?


Image Source
I hope you enjoy your day! And the rest of the week, I personally am ready for the weekend. We have guests so I am a little tired. Tonight my husband is experimenting with a duck dish, I will be exhausted because he like to use as many pans as he can and I am the sous chef. 

Image Source

Enjoy!

Linking to:
Savvy Southern Style
Stone Gable

5 comments:

  1. Love the images especially the one with the puppie. I love the toile stockings too. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and YES I am getting lots of inspiration visiting you :) These stockings are ALL beautiful. Ours are hung over both downstairs fire places. I have a couple linen stockings that are identical the ones near the top :)

    Enjoy your day!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, Stockings are my favorite! I will begin decorating my mantle this weekend, so the stockings will soon be hanging. I have so enjoyed your decorating series.

    I have to laugh. It sounds as if your husband is a lot like my own. He will use every cooking utensil in the kitchen, and yes, I get to clean up. I will be cooking tonight as he has been in Miami all week. Enjoy the duck dish. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love these images. We were considering have an el-cheapo Christmas this year, with home-made decorations and minimal ones at that, but your images have inspired me to be less Scrooge-ish.

    Your comment about the sous chef duties made me laugh. I don't do the dishes in our house. When we moved in I pretended to be really bad at it so my partner took over in disgust. Now he does it all the time. Now I'm trying to work out how to pretend to be bad at making the beds / doing the washing / doing the gardening / cleaning the floors...!

    Janelle McCulloch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful!! The first is my favorite :) I can't wait to have a mantle, or a staircase to decorate someday!! I love your inspirations!
    ~April

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...