Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday! Let the Holidays Begin

Good morning! How was your Thanksgiving? I hope that you had a wonderful time, I know that I did, it is nice to have a relaxing day of football, family, fun and food. 


Sugar Pie Farmhouse


My favorite part of the meal is the pumpkin pie and I managed to have a piece for breakfast, a piece of dinner and a tiny little piece before I went to bed. I know it seems like a lot but it only happens once a year.  



I am going to try to restrain myself today and only eat one piece. After all I will not burn off any calories  today by going to the Black Friday sales because I am not going. Will you be out braving the crowds?

Pine Cones and Acorns

I will be home decorating my trees and house like a mad woman. I have to be finished by Sunday as we have guests arriving on Monday and I have a lot of work to do. 

Pine Cones and Acorns

I hope you have a wonderful day at Black Friday or enjoying your holiday weekend. I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving and your Black Friday adventures.

Be safe and have fun.

5 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving was wonderful but I only managed a small piece of pie, to full! We only put up our wreaths outside on this day now to shove the husband up a ladder to place on the house and carriage barn. I don't shop on black Friday because I hate the crowds but I do have to sneak into the next town for thread so I can sew. I hope you have fun decorating!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, my favorite part of the meal is the pumpkin pie also! I'm so glad you had a happy Thanksgiving. I am impressed that you are getting the house ready for Christmas! I'm sure it will be beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend, and I'm sure there will be some baking involved!
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET FRIEND! I am just going to the post office to send of part of a large order then I AM COMING HOME to finish the rest of the order! AHHH! I cannot even think about Christmas yet! HEY, we got snow...did you? IT WAS A LOVELY MEAL, just us two. OK, time to get to work! LOVE TO YOU, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elizabeth

    Your pumpkin pie must have been delicious. The star desert for me at dinner was clafoutis as it had been baked fresh by a young pastry chef. One serving was insuffient!!!

    Wishing you a weekend of joy
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful to see you chez moi today, dear friend!!
    Yes, we had a nice dinner...and can you believe it....two pumpkin pies and two tarts! That's right...a once a year only treat! :))
    We stayed home Friday, I don't do the frenzied shopper thing...
    And we got some snow! So I am in a major holidays mood....
    Have fun decorating, don't forget your hot chocolate breaks!
    Love to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...