Monday, November 26, 2012

Front Doors: Decorating for Christmas

Image Source


Hello! How was your long holiday weekend?  Did you eat, shop and relax until your hearts content?


Image Source


I did not leave the house for four days. My husband and I have guests coming for the next few weeks and so we had a Winter/Spring Cleanse, and then I decorated the house for Christmas. 


Image Source


I absolutely love Christmas and I do believe that it is the "most wonderful time of the year". I love the spirit, the fellowship, the family gatherings, and so much more.  


Image Source

One of my favorite things is to decorate for the holidays and I think that it starts at the front door. Your front door welcomes your family and friends and sets the tone for whats to come. 


Image Source


There are so many ways to decorate, you can use natural elements like pine cones and greens. 


Image Source

Image Source


Or perhaps use lanterns, and lights. 

Image Source


Image Source



Image Source

Or maybe even a little fruit, like apples, oranges, lemons and the traditional welcome symbol, pineapple. 


Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

How do you decorate your front entrance? Do you have a wreath? A tree? Do you use fruit? A sled? This year I decorated pretty simple, two small trees in urns flanking the door and an ornament wreath on the door. I will show you that later, I did not have time to take photos. 

On a side note, if you are a fan of PBS and classical music, check your local listings for The Tenors. I watched their concert last night and enjoyed it tremendously. 



Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in LOVE with that first pinecone garland!! I want one!! The husband doesn't agree. What does he know. We just have an apartment, so no front door decorations. But someday... I love your taste, these inspirations are fabulous :)
    ~April
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring photographs. I'll do my door next week, I usually keep it simple as we go to France for New Year, so probably just a wreath.
    I hope you had a relaxing and happy Thanksgiving, I just wish you were in London to come to the chocolate event on Friday.
    Have a lovely week
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!!! I am just now starting, I like changing my planters out to more seasonal looks, and adding an oversized wreath with boxwood and pinecones and sometimes a garland around the door. It is such fun to decorate for the holidays......enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 4th photograph! Not too flashy, not too simple. I have now seen two christmas photographs with pineapples. I have never seen them used before. I must be unaware of a holiday tradition that utilizes them. Have a great day! - Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD MORNING PRECIOUS! A lovely post to start this new week that will lead us into DECEMBER! Can you believe it?

    I love to decorate my front door with natural elements. I have been down the glitter route (I LOVE THE STUFF but with the winds here? NO THANK YOU!) and I have to stick with the more natural look.

    I WISH YOU a happy week getting your home in order so that your guests enjoy every minute of their stay! LOVE to you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post, I love all the ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous door decorations!! I am inspired to really decorate my front porch right this year!

    Enjoy your day! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the pineapples Elizabeth...praps I'll do this in Paris??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth, those are each entries to love. Wow!

    I've finished my front porch, but I haven't taken photos yet either. Coming soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...