Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hospitality Gifts for Your Thanksgiving Hosts

Good morning! Can you believe that tomorrow is the big feast, Thanksgiving Day? One minute it is Summer and in the blink of an eye we are feasting on turkey, stuffing and of course pumpkin pie.



I was curious as tomorrow is the kick off for party season, what do you bring for a hostess/host gift?

The Enchanted Home

I know that I am not the norm but in addition to a bottle of wine I always bring some sort of baked good, not for that day but for the host and host to have the next day.

Lemon Sugar Cookies from HERE

 A little box of cookies, a mini cake or cheesecake, perhaps some chocolate covered berries. Whatever I feel like making that day.

Cinnamon Cocoa Coffee Cake from HERE

Of course there are many other great things to bring like, a bottle of champagne, a selection of teas,

Image Source

or perhaps some coffee beans,

Alterra Coffee from Milwaukee, my hometown!

 a beautiful book,

Pamela Terry From the House of Edward

Or some monogram napkins.

Williams Sonoma

In addition to whatever your bring, come with a smile, and appetite to enjoy all of their hard work and of course seconds. Thanksgiving day is not a day for diets, there are 364 other days of the year for that. 

Enjoy your day! Be safe if you are one of the 4.5 million travelers. Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

  1. One time, someone brought me homemade granola to enjoy the morning after the party. I thought that was a great idea! I'm a fan of eatable gifts so not to add more stuff to someone's pile :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all nice hostess gifts... love your blog... Happy Thanksgiving
    Ciao for now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had dinner with some frieends last week at their home and beside a bottle of wine we took a container of glazed roasted figs I had made. They're wonderful with cheese of all kind.

    I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow Elizabeth!
    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Hostess gifts. Happt Thanksgiving.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful ideas.. all of them of would love to receive. GREAT ideas :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Elizabeth!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to bring baked goods too!
    My dear friend, did you have a good birthday??
    I have been thinking of you, and how busy you must be with the holidays approaching...are you having many guests for Thanksgiving? I have so much catching up to do on your posts...not spending time at the computer lately...the connection has been frustratingly slow again.
    It will be five at the table tomorrow...I am making a couple of veggie sides...but we are ordering the main meal from our favorite French bistro...much yummier than what I make! :)
    Sending love to you, dear Elizabeth....grateful for YOU!
    Have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elizabeth, these are all lovely gifts for the Hosts. Hope you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful hostess gift ideas Elizabeth. I don't think you can beat something you baked yourself, beautifully packaged. I always take candles or flowers along with wine. It's impossible to find a restaurant here that has a thanksgiving feast, so we are off to a local carvery that always has turkey with all the trimmings on the menu.

    Have a wonderful day dear friend.
    Much love.
    Di
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AM FINALLY HERE! Sheesh, I have been in my workshop for two days and have missed you all! I love the idea of giving tea to a guest. And that brand of tea is THE BEST! How are ya dear one?

    Happy day tomorrow! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...