Saturday, November 24, 2012

Small Business Saturday

Good Morning! How are you? Are you enjoying the long weekend? I am, I need a little time to relax.


Image Source



I just wanted to let you know that Small Business Saturday is today, so if you have any energy left after Thanksgiving and Black Friday, please go out and support your local Small Businesses!


Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo

I am curious, did you go out for Black Friday? Did you come home to some Thanksgiving Leftovers to restore your energy? 

What do you do with your leftovers?

Thanksgiving Leftover Salad
As we did not have turkey I do not have to worry about that, but we did have a little stuffing and potatoes left. Sadly, I do not think anything tastes better the nest day. 

Turkey Pot Pie
Wait, I am sorry, pumpkin pie always taste better the next day. 

I hope you enjoy your family and friends on this nice long weekend! Have fun shopping and getting ready for "the most wonderful time of the year."

7 comments:

  1. That sandwich looks yummy even at seven in the morning. I had to go fetch a few things in the big town for my business and decided I was in the mess so hit two stores and then high tailed it out of there, to many people! I did however get a few nice things on major sale so I'm happy!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of that leftover pie in the last photo. Yummy! I am getting so excited about Christmas. We leave for a week in Scotland in 2 weeks so I have so much to do before then, busy, busy, busy!
    Much love.
    Di
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Elizabeth! Well, we were out yesterday out of necessity and unfortunately, small businesses were closed!!! The malls, you can HAVE THEM! Too many people, to much shuffling about...give me peace and quiet at home to sit and read or FINISH MY ETSY ORDERS!

    We have no leftovers because I make a small enough turkey for dinner and maybe enough for Ruben to have with a sandwich, but I prefer FRESHLY made food too! ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, the salad and turkey pot pie looks so delicious! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello again, dear friend!
    I am not crazy about leftovers either...and thankfully we were able to share them with my dad and sister.
    Normally I would just make turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches, I just love that combination. Not too creative, but very yummy!
    (We did polish off the rest of the French pumpkin pie today, though!)
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to a local pub for the fixin's, but probably due to the expense of imported canned pumpkin, there was no pumpkin pie - the horror! So my husband marched out and bought the ingredients and made a pie yesterday :) Today I will try to duplicate my grandmothers cheesy potato recipe. So we are having our Thanksgiving meal into the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...