Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thank You and Thanksgiving Tables

This is Glamorous

Good Morning!

 First, let me say, THANK YOU so very much for your kind comments, emails and Facebook notes for my birthday. As I said yesterday, I am indeed blessed to have met so many wonderful friends in Blog land. I am humbled by your kindness. 

Image Source




Although I could easily jump right into preparations for Christmas and I have(at home), I decided to follow the natural order of the holidays on my blog. 

Southern Living

My husband and I are trying to decide what to do for Thanksgiving, go to visit family, visit friends or stay at home. 

Country Living


If we stay at home I may try on or two of these beautiful ideas. There is a constant stream of beautiful on Pinterest, magazines and of course from other blogs.

Country Living

What are your plans? Will you be traveling? Having the whole clan in to visit?

Country Living


How do you decorate? Do you use natural elements? 

Sweet Something Design


I love the pine cones, the pears, and the bouquet of apples; isn't it amazing what some fruits, vegetables, and some pumpkins can do to make such a festive table?


Image Everyday Occasion's


I cannot wait to see all of your wonderful tables, to hear your tales of family and friends, and to see your splendid tables groaning with family recipes. 

Image Source


Thank you again for your lovely messages, I am touched beyond words. I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Golly, what a lot of festive tables.

    We have no Thanksgiving in the UK or in Germany; and although the shops are already jingle-jangling with Christmas signs, it is a little early for me to do any decorating. I always find that the longer the season the less exciting it becomes. So I’m going to wait until the 1st Sunday in Advent before I light the first candles and put up my wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZABETH! Sorry I wasn't on the blogs yesterday and missed it. We we're finishing up little things around the yard since it was very warm out and enjoying the last of the warmth for the year. We're having Thanksgiving at home with several friends and I can't wait.

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had a happy birthday...love these Thanksgiving images. I especially also love anything with pears. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning beautiful friend!!!

    I KNOW you had a great birthday, I just know it. From the chocolate cake to the love from all sides, you celebrated a life well-lived and loved.

    Like you, I enjoy the natural elements on my table. Ruben and I make it a point to stay at home and have a quiet dinner together. We had a bit of snow yesterday, but it melted as soon as it hit the warm ground, but it did produce a thin layer of ice and some bumper jams!

    ENJOY THE DAY MY DEAR. Much love to you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tables, I love them all but the Country Living one grabbed me.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the beautiful tables - we are having a quiet Thanksgiving with just the children home from college and my mom from Florida, but I still want to do something special for the table - I love the pears idea!

    Enjoy your day!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. There will be just four of us this year for Thanksgiving, yet there will be much giving of thanks.

    Gorgeous tables, Elizabeth. Thanksgiving is always one of my favorite tables to set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous, simple, lovely styling ideas here!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh NO! Dear Elizabeth, I am sorry I am late, I missed your birthday. I was so stretched yesterday I didn't have time to log in on my computer and had withdrawal symptoms. I am only just catching up now. See what happens when I go away for a day.

    I hope you had a wonderful day!
    Much Love
    Di
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous images. I love the one with the pears on the brown transferware dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Elizabeth, I am a new follower on your blog. These Thanksgiving tables are so welcoming and stylish. I enjoy table setting and all the creativity that goes into it. Belated Happy Birthday. I am following your blog now on GFC, Twitter and Pinterest. Regards, Pamela http://thestyleandtravel-journals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Thanksgiving day ideas! We will be home.. with just immediate family. My approach is usually a simple one.. natural decor. The pears (fruit) is always very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...