Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Desserts

Good morning! Today some are happy and some are disappointed, some don't care because they have no power and some are praying to survive the Nor'easter with minimal rain and wind. 

Image Source

Enough said and on to something else. The holidays are fast approaching and I am beginning to make plans. 

Image Source


As you know I am not a fan of savory food unless it contains cheese, bread, potatoes or is a pizza. The holidays are not really an exception, my favorite part of the meal is the yeast rolls, the mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, the cheese plate and of course the desserts!

Dutch Apple Pie

This year I was thinking of branching out and trying something new for dessert, so I was curious, what sorts of deserts do you have for Thanksgiving?

Pumpkin Cheesecake, had this last year...FABULOUS!
Are you strictly traditional? 

Chocolate Pecan Pie

Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, and of course my favorite Pumpkin Pie?

Cranberry Bourbon Bread Pudding

Of do you add other desserts to the menu, like carrot cake? Cheesecake?

Pumpkin Pie with Walnut Crust

Do you have any posts or recipes to share?

Caramel Apple Pie

I would love to hear about your dessert ideas, so please share.

THE BEST CARROT CAKE EVER!

I hope you have a great day, stay warm, dry and don't blow away. I know I am going to try to do the same.

Pound Cake, made by me

6 comments:

  1. Good morning my dear! Like you, my favorite food at Thanksgiving were the rolls and turkey. These days however, give me more haricots verts, turkey and roasted chestnuts. I cannot eat sweets but your photos always make me smile. HUNKER DOWN MY DEAR FRIEND; I so hope that the nor'easter will not bring any damage.....Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth...I am back!!!!! I am soooo excited!!! Thank you SO MUCH for your continuous messages of concern, you are a special friend! I knew I could come here for my "sweet tooth" fix and you did not disappoint!!!!!! I see the beauty in a whole new light in things like decadent desserts. So many winners here, and can attest first hand to how amazingly good your carrot cake is!! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, you're killing me with these photos of deliciousness. You must join us at StoneGable...Yvonne is doing a link up about Christmas cooking, etc. Go on over and see her post about this.
    There's lots of different themes for a few weeks. My favorite is Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with homemade crust. Then there's the Struedel, Chocolate Cinnamon Buns, etc etc etc. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.....I wish I could have a bite of each of those fabulous desserts. Thanksgiving is almost always traditional. This year everyone is wanting pecan pie. Christmas is usually my bread pudding with rum sauce and bourbon balls (do you see a pattern?) Unfortunately, I love food....savory and sweet. Alas I need to don the sneakers and do a little more walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stick with the tried and true favorites for Thanksgiving. In our family, it's all about pie: pumpkin, pecan and apple. Experimentation throughout the year with new recipes but for Thanksgiving it's the familiar. If I were making a cake, it would be Italian Cream Cake, everyone's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These desserts all look mouth-watering! I love the traditional foods at Thanksgiving and Christmas!! I don't leave much room for experiements on those day, because it's all about looking forward to those special dishes you just eat at the holidays! :)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...