Monday, December 10, 2012

A Christmas Craft

Diamonds are a girls best friend...or at least something sparkly is. My mother in law gave this to me, she made it in 1960, apparently you got together with your friends and had a drink or two and designed your own piece of art for the holidays.

I have seen many bridal bouquets made from vintage jewelry but never any Christmas art. I would love to try making something similar but to be honest, I do not want to break apart the pieces that I gathered. 

And I really do not have a lot of patience. 

Have you made something like this? Or do you own one from your mother's crafting days?

 Do you think it is something you would try?

I think I may just stick with the one I have and find another use for these baubles. In the meantime I am going to day dream about where one wore some of these fabulous shoe clips and brooches and what this fashionable lady looked like. 


  1. you just made my morning! so lovely.

    i would love to try this and have so much rhinestone bling, I cannot tell you...

    smiles to you.


  2. Great job, I love the sparkle.


  3. How pretty Elizabeth! Yes I think there would have to be booze involved to break such pretty pieces apart. I'm with you don't break them. I've never seen or heard of anyone doing this and my Mother wasn't the crafty sort but at least she sewed and that's where I learned.

    Enjoy your day!

  4. I dont have one, but I wish people would get together and do things like your mother must have. Great piece that I am sure you treasure. -Tonya

  5. So pretty and I can't imagine breaking all this apart! My mom was very crafty and sewed much of my wardrobe when I was a little girl (I'm over 50, so that was a LONG time ago!). Very pretty and the sparkling bling is perfect for the holiday.

  6. Good evening darling one! I had a busy morning and missed your post this morning but WHAT FUN! I love your collection of baubles and I too would just keep them in order to admire and think about who wore them....and wear them myself! Anita

  7. Elizabeth, you have some lovely pieces. I don't blame you for not wanting to break them apart. I also think the Christmas tree is very pretty and unusual. Do you display it only during Christmas? Or is it out all year around? Have a wonderful week. Bonnie

  8. Elizabeth, that is such a neat idea!! Very beautiful...
    I like putting baubles on the top of ribbons when wrapping gifts...
    Have a wonderful day, dear friend...
    - Irina

  9. I have a beautiful tree picture on black velvet with all of her "teacher" jewelry made by my aunt in the 60's. I love it and plan to leave it out all year. I think I posted it last year in my Christmas tour, and it may make the tour yet this year. Check and see!
    Merry Christmas

  10. Love this, but I too do not have the heart to break up my costume jewelry.

  11. What a great idea!!! Your tree picture looks beautiful love all the bling! :o) So creative! Merry Christmas!

  12. This is gorgeous, I've seen many of these, but not one made completely from vintage rhinestone pieces. LOVE it. Pinning it and featuring you on Vintage Inspiration tomorrow!

  13. So pretty! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!


Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...