Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Books



Good morning! Only a week until Christmas! I am so excited, like a kid in a candy store! I have been baking up a storm since last week, and have made cookies, breads, bars, candies and caramel corn. I might be experiencing a little sugar overload at this point.



In addition to all of my baking I have also been listening to lots of holiday music, watching a few holiday classics, enjoying the decorations and of course reading my favorite Christmas books.




I love rereading all of my favorites, Miracle on 34th Street, Charles Dickens Christmas Carol and so many more. Do you have some holiday books that you return to year after year? Or some that you love to read to your children or grandchildren?




My favorite thing to do at the end of a long day is sit by the Christmas tree with a cup of cocoa, a pile of books, Christmas magazines or letters and cards and read and enjoy the magic of Christmas. 



It really is "the little things in life." I hope that you take the time to enjoy your family, friends and the spirit of the holidays. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there I bet your house is smelling amazingly!! Good thing I am not your neighbor...I would be a regular fixture! Charles Dickens Christmas Carol is the ultimate classic for this magical holiday...miss reading it to my kids!

    Enjoy the splendor of this wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Elizabeth, I have missed you! I hope you have not lost interest in coming to visit me; I know you are busy.

    You bake up a storm; I don't know how you keep up! WISHING YOU and your family a magical time! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start baking. Love your cute tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy...
    Sounds like such a cozy way to spend the evening!
    For me...The Christmas Carol...love it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, I love "The Polar Express". I will, in fact, be reading it tomorrow at our Polar Express pajama party. After all these years of reading it I still have to pause and compose myself. It stirs up so much emotionally. Enjoy your evening with your book and hot chocolate. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...