Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve


Good morning and a happy New Years Eve. Can you believe the year is over? I feel like it just flew by.

Do you have some wonderful plans for the night, or will you be staying and celebrating quietly? I personally have never been a big fan of New Years Eve parties, or big parties of any kind. I love small, intimate dinners with friends, including great desserts, good food, and a glass of champagne and wonderful conversations.

Add caption


My plans for today are quiet, I am in for the day, with a good book and some time with family and friends. Tonight we will ring in the new year in front of the fire with some champagne and a movie. I am sure to many this sounds boring, be we are worn out from all of the travel, guests and the holidays.

I wish you a very, Happy New Year. Thank you for visiting here when you can and for your comments, advice, suggestions, constructive criticism and your friendship. I have enjoyed following  you and your blogs and look forward to learning so much more from you this year.

Enjoy your night as you ring in the New Year and be safe.

8 comments:

  1. Even to me the NY eve is more a reflective one than a party time. I use it for myself to look back on the past year and say a quiet hallo to 2013. In that sense I wish you a healthy and happy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea for New Years, its safe and relaxing and spent with those you love..what more do you need!
    Well....our plans are not exactly turning out as I had hoped...still home and husband has pneumonia, now on antibiotics so feeling a little better but still feeling really weak and in bed. So....looks like its going to be a very quiet New Years Eve indeed!
    I will concentrate on the good things and all the blessings I have been given and look ahead to 2013 and hoping it will bring great things, new adventures, good health and much happiness to each and every one of us. Cheers Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, I too will be doing the same tonight. A good bottle of bubbles, a movie, sleep. That is all I need, to have my beloved by my side and to hope that 2013 will be a safe and wonderful year. Do come by on Jan. 1 so you can see what I have been up to...my next frontier. If this does not pan out, then I have to come up with a new plan!!!!!!!! You have been a treasure to me, your help, advice, suggestions. Ultimately, we must decide what we will do and I feel fortunate that I have been able to feel a PEACE about what I have been deciding. The future however, only knows where it is all going. But you have been an immense help to me.

    LOVE TO YOU! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. My perfect New Year's Eve - love the way your spending it. Wishing you all the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went out to a nice quiet dinner last night with some frinds and like you I hate big parties. So we'll be staying in tonight doing what you're doing, dinner, a bottle of champagne and a movie. Tomorrow's a New Year and I wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it is the end of another year. Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have a wonderful evening planned Elizabeth. I usually feel a bit partied at this point, so my preference is always a quiet celebration.

    Wishing you a happy and healthy year ahead!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just popped over to wish you a very happy New Year! Love Karen xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...