Friday, December 21, 2012

Thinking of Christmas Breakfast

Good morning! My guests arrive tonight(if they are not delayed by the storm) and I am so excited! I have baked, primped the house and fluffed the pillows now it is time to sit back and relax, make new memories and enjoy family traditions.

Coffee Cake

Christmas Enchiladas

The only thing I have not planned is Christmas breakfast, I think that is because I do not eat breakfast and do not like breakfast foods. But it is not about me...

Grits and Green Casserole



Overnight Coffee Cake

I have been perusing Pinterest and my stack of magazines to get a few ideas and of course I have a few sweet ideas in my collection. 

Apple Pancakes

Holiday Strata


What do you make and eat on Christmas morning? Do you make a casserole, eggs, waffles, muffins, or something else? 

Christmas Breakfast



Cinnamon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake made by ME!

Do you make your breakfast ahead? If you have some great casserole ideas with eggs let me know, I am looking for a savory dish for my guests. 

Cinnamon Cocoa Coffee Cake Made by me

I hope you are ready for the holidays and are relaxing and enjoying the season. Be safe if you are in the path of the storm and have a great day!



8 comments:

  1. WOW. YOU blow my mind! teehee.....

    YOU DO! I do not even know how you get so much baking accomplished in the middle of all your other duties my dear! Your family and visitors will be blessed beyond understanding! Oh, can you believe Christmas is almost here? I did NOTHING as far as sending out cards, etc.....I have had to work super diligently on this paper wedding dress. I will email you a photo.

    RELAX NOW and just enjoy the fun! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth!

    These recipes ALL sound wonderful. The grits and eggs looks like the perfect holiday breakfast and those coffee cakes.. omgoodness! I'll be adding a few of these to my list! I'm wrapping things up at work today and then I'll be making a list (checking it twice Lol!).. menus, last minute shopping etc.. I'll be off until Jan. 2 and can't wait to have a little family time.

    Enjoy the visit with your house guests and have a wonderful holiday. Wishing you the best in the New Year!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures make me hungry!! I have two "go to" Christmas morning recipes - baked French toast from Giada and a sausage and egg casserole - you make both the night before and then just pop them in the oven on Christmas morning.

    My guests are arriving today as well, so it's game on...I am pretty much done with everything and ready to relax and have fun.

    Have a lovely weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks all yummy Elizabeth. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth, I was just thinking about Christmas breakfast. I usually bake something special like scones which we have with coffee and orange juice during presents. Then we eat scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, smoked salmon, and fruit. It's a hearty meal that usually takes us through the day until dinner. Of course there are always cookies to munch on! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinnamon cheese coffee cake??? Are you kidding me? YES YES YES. That is screaming out my name:) I bet breakfast in your house is beyond yummy...hope your guests arrived safe and sound, the weather was crazy!! Enjoy all the fun and festivities....

    ReplyDelete

  7. I am here to tell you that blog commenting is one of the most powerful traffic generation methods around. I believe blog commenting has taken over what traditional article marketing used to be.

    Stock Commissions

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mouth is watering now!
    You are amazing...and I wish you a most magical time with your dear ones...
    Blessings,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...