Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Final Flight

Good morning,

 I try not to talk about my personal life too much, but yesterday my family suffered the loss of my dear aunt. She lived a wonderful life, had a fabulous husband and two sons and a dear grandson and another on the way. 




Sadly she lost her life long fight with depression. Our lives are forever changed by this beautiful soul who never said an unkind word about anyone, loved and experienced life with the gentleness of a wide eyed child, and fought a hard battle that in the end became too much for her weary body and soul.




I am going to spend a few days with my family, reminiscing about our domino games, my aunts love of music and life, her spirit and her courage and just being together. 






The Final Flight



Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free, I'm following the path God laid for me. 




I took his hand when I heard his call, I turned my back and left it all.



I could not stay another day, To laugh, to love, to work, to play. 



Tasks left undone must stay that way, I've found that peace at the end of the day. 



If my parting has left a void, Then fill it with remembered joy. 



A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, Ah, yes, these things too I will miss. 



Be not burdened with times of sorrow, I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow. 



My Life's been full, I savoured much, Good friends, good times, a loved one' touch. 



Perhaps my time seemed all too brief, Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.



Lift up your heart and share with me, God wanted me now, He set me free.








I love you and I am going to miss you, until we meet again. 

17 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth:
    We are so very sorry to read this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this very difficult and sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Elizabeth. You and your family are in my thoughts..
    Much love.
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear friend, I am so very sorry to hear this. You need your space to let in the Grace of God to heal the pain. Thinking of you, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elizabeth, I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. With love, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was sorry to read your sad post. Beautiful words. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss... take care of one another...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts go out to you all. You have honoured your aunt beautifully in this post. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth, I am sorry to hear of your loss. My heart aches for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. And may God carry you in the palm of his hand. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Elizabeth

    I am so terribly sorry for your huge loss. She sounded like an angel. Your tribute is beautiful.
    Fond wishes, thoughts and prayers
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elizabeth, I am so very sorry for this tragic loss. Your words were so poignant and moving, it was a beautiful way to honor this person who was an important part of your life. I am sorry for you and her entire family. Keeping you in my prayers and sending a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so very sorry for your loss. She sounded just great. Your in my thoughts.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry for your loss Elizabeth, but thank you so much for sharing your story of a beautiful woman. I have been in treatment for chronic severe depression for 27 years. Three times, I have been at the same place your dear aunt was. It is not an easy position for us to find ourselves in, but oh, does it feel like freedom, like the pain will soon be over, like you are certain you have found the solution to your malaise. Unless one has been battling severe depression, these feelings can never be understood. Your aunt was a beautiful soul and she enjoyed the beautiful things in life. She was not crazy, very much the opposite. She loved a life that she could somehow never fit into. Love her, love her spirit and take joy in the joy she found in an existence that was so difficult for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful poem...So sorry for your loss...you and your family are in my prayers.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Elizabeth
    Deepest sympathy to you and all your family. I will light a candle at Mass tomorrow morning.
    God Bless
    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dear Elizabeth...
    I finally was able to get to the computer this weekend, dear friend....oh my goodness....
    I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family....
    Thinking of you and sending you much love and healing.
    May God give strength to you all...
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so very sorry for your loss....many family members in my father's side of the family have suffered from depression, it is a terrible illness. My uncle lost a long battle with it just a couple of years ago, it was absolutely devastating.
    Your post is beautiful & I am thinking of you,
    Take care
    Simone Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...