Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Wisdom of Tea



"There is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good morning, I hope your week is treating you well. I am finally feeling like I am "back to normal", eating better, sleeping more, actually back to my daily walks and reading again. 

"The first sip is always the best...you cringe as it burns the back of your throat, knowing you just had the hottest carpe-diem portion." 
~Terri Guillements


In addition, I am taking time to just BE and relax. I think that life goes by so fast some days and that if I do not stop and enjoy it I am going to miss it. 


"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world." ~Tien Yieheng

Something so simple as a cup of tea and the wisdom that comes from a few moments alone savoring both the beverage and my thoughts is the perfect way to do this.

"Tea is a cup of life." ~ Author Unknown

Are you a tea drinker? Are you taking time to take care of yourself and appreciate the little moments of quiet and solitude?

"Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage." ~ Catherine Douzel

Even if tea is not your "go to" beverage, take your coffee, your cocoa, your soda and "stop and smell the roses". Life is short and unpredictable and if there is one thing I have learned this past year, you cannot get back time lost or time spent fretting about small and inconsequential things. 


"Tea is instant wisdom, just add water." ~ Astrid Alauda

Enjoy you day friends! I know I am going to.

13 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth:
    Oh, the power of a cup of tea......known to cure a myriad of ills and world crises....well,nearly!

    We absolutely love the Hungarian cuisine and so never bring anything from England to eat but, the tea is another matter entirely. Twining's English Breakfast Tea at any time of day is, we feel,an essential of the store cupboard and rarely available in the Motherland. Your post is a happy reminder....time for tea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear heart....you are speaking about a HUGE institution here at our home. Tea time is our slow-down time and we love it. NOW, we have a wonderful selection of hot chocolate to add to our collection! CHEERS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I couldn't agree more we all need to slow down and tea helps me do that when I have a cup I just relax.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this posting!

    best,
    teaorwine



    http://teaorwine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I savor these quiet moments. Mine are usually in the morning, before the day begins. I feel more balanced and productive when I take a few minutes to be still during the day. Coffee for me in the morning.. and then I switch to tea later in the day:)

    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am usually a coffee drinker but broke out some tea yesterday to warm up! It may become a habit in the afternoons.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. I am making 2013 the year I just "savor" the moment. I do drink herbal teas which I got into when I lived in Spain, as they are very popular there. I have started to indulge in hot chocolate now that I am back in cold Britain ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a big coffee drinker but have gotten more into tea lately. Love green tea, chamomile and peach tea. Its very soothing and relaxing to stop and enjoy a cup of tea. There is definitely an art to really enjoying the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great minds think alike with our duo tea posts! I love tea - I though I would switch from my Jasmine Green to English Breakfast when I moved to England, but nope, it's still daily Jas Green for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lovely blog! Your post is very timely and kind. Your tea cups are so sweet! I love the word "savor"....it takes time and awareness to savor...
    Thank you for the reminder to slow down and breathe.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi: Great advise! Love what your shared today. Thank you for joining Tea Cup Tuesday. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your teacups are very cute! And great reminder to slow down and just "BE"! A cup of Tea and even coffee helps me do that! sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a wonderful blog and I love all your tea quotes! The teacups are very cute too. Thank you for joining me for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...