Monday, February 4, 2013

Moving Forward


Image Source

Good morning! I hope that you had a good week. I have missed you, your projects, your words of wisdom, your adventures and your recipes. I thank you so very much, as does my family, for your kind words and prayers.

Image Source


This past week has been almost surreal, one minute I am enjoying time with my mother and in an instant the rug is pulled from under us. 


Image Source

I mentioned last week that my Aunt L. lost her battle with depression, since then it seems as if the world should stop and share our grief  but life keeps going.



 My friend celebrated a birthday. My sisters family lost their beloved pet dog, Shamma to cancer. The Ravens won the Supper Bowl. The world keeps going, time moves on.

image Source


Today my family will gather to pay our last respects and to say goodbye to an aunt, a wife, a sister, a mother, a cousin, a grandmother and a friend. We have spent the past week coming together from California to Florida and places in between and while there have been many tears shed, laughter has followed.


Image Source

As our large clan has gathered, we have huddled in small groups and large and recalled not only our dear Aunt but also our childhood adventures and our family history. In the midst of the crippling grief we have found some joy.


Image Source

I am going today to celebrate a beautiful, strong, kind and generous, friend and aunt. I am sure there will be tears, prayers and laughter but also healing and comfort. 


Image Source

I will be back tomorrow to catch up with you. I hope you enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth:
    Our thoughts and prayers are very much with you and your extended family particularly today which, as we understand, is your Aunt's funeral. We trust that in sorrow there will be joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elizabeth, My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family today. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the loss once again. It is devastating to lose someone you love under any circumstance but losing them to something that is hard to understand like any form of mental illness can be even harder. Iam glad you are remembering her for all the things she was and will celebrate her life and memory. I hope she is at peace now and sending my best wishes and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Best wishes for you and your family to get through this pain. It is good to be with lots of family to grieve together...Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss .. Life can change in an instant and it sounds like this has been a challenging week for you. I have a brother in that is suffering from depression. It's so sad and seems to be tough disease to manage for many.

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth I am thinking of you today, and the days ahead. It is while surrounded with family we find comfort in remembering. Hugs! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. your words resonate with truth and healing so you will no doubt bring much comfort to your family as everyone grieves. keep looking up.

    joy to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry I didn't see this sooner Elizabeth. My heart goes out to you as I lost my sister to mental illness 14 years ago. Some days I still can't believe it. It is a most difficult way to lose a loved one and I am happy that you have such a large family to support you during this time. Much love, many hugs.......keeping you in my prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been thinking of you all week, dear friend.
    As always, you leave us with wisdom, gratitude and grace through this post...
    A tight hug to you,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...