Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cherry Blossoms, Flowering Trees and Spring Weekends

Good morning! I hope that you are waking up to a beautiful and sunny, Saturday morning. 



Spring has arrived in full force and along with it the humidity. Did I mention that I do not like hot and humid weather? I think it is going to be a long, hot summer. 




Before the rain arrives this weekend I thought I would get out and take a few photos of the flowering trees in my neighborhood. 
 




These beautiful blossoms smell sweet, and light and their scent wafts on the breeze so that you smell them long before you see them. Are the Spring flowers and trees blossoming in your area? Or do you have a few more weeks to wait?



I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy some time with your family and friends. 

10 comments:

  1. The blossoms are stunning Elizabeth thank you so much for sharing them. We had an ice/rain storm all day yesterday and it left a covering on everything. It should warm up today or tomorrow and melt everything. Our leaves don't start to pop until May and we're getting excited!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what glory there is here! We are still buried in a bit of slush but we will get there. Dear one, please come visit a most special post that I made, when you get a chance. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, the trees are beautiful. Yes, the heat and humidity is very near for us as well. I am not a fan either. This is why I never complain when spring is slow to appear. I hope your storms are short lived. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO GORGEOUS, dear friend!! This is what April is supposed to look like, right? ;)
    We are getting more snow this weekend...
    I'm sorry that it's humid already...too soon!

    Enjoy your day, sweet Elizabeth!
    Much love,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful tree!
    here in illinois we had a dusting of snow last night, yikes! even the bulbs are still hiding let alone any tree blossoms. however not too sad, like you i really dislike hear & humidity.....praying for a cool summer, HA!
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful trees this time of year. I DO NOT LIKE THE HUMIDITY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Elizabeth! We have them lining our streets and I like the way the they create a soft pink hue. In a large group the reflective light is stunning. Last night we had a hail storm that may have hurt some of the delicate blossoms. I'll be heading out for my walk soon to see if they retained their flowers!

    Have a lovely day:)

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful, I love flowering trees of all types. It is still chilly and raw by us so ours haven't bloomed yet.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!

    It'll be at least a month before we're seeing blossoms like that, what with the conditions this spring....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming to visit Pine Cones and Acorns. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Although I try to come to visit every blog that comments sometimes I just do not get the chance, but I do try to comment here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...